close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New member in Tampa, FL

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by TK423, Sep 5, 2012.

1. TK423

TK423

Sep 4, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Hey All,

Another new guy here in Tampa, FL. I am currently looking at a Gen 4 G23.

Any recommendations on shops in the area that are good to deal with?

Thanks!
    TK

2. No recommendations for down there but welcome to the Forum and hello from Tennessee.

3. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Family Firearms in Valrico (near Brandon.)

Good people.

If you want the biggest selection, try Shoot Straight in Brandon. HUGE store, The selection is excellent, the people are OK, but the prices are $$$ (and they don't make deals easily.)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. da chef

da chef glock convert

Sep 25, 2001
    The "Free" State
    If you are up for the drive, deer hunter guns on 60 in clearwater is a decent spot. Bet you at least get a free pepsi or coffee from them.

5. Just moved to Tampa myself. Shoot straight has a good selection but is high on price. If you are ever in Daytona you must check out The Florida Gun Exchange. That is how a gun shop should be.

6. xnicodemusx

xnicodemusx Custom fitted

Aug 16, 2012
    Tampa, Fl

And for the most part shoot straights salesmen are rude and not personable. Go to family firearms or 2nd amendment arms. Or better yet but at the next gun show at the fairgrounds. welcome to gt. I'm also in Tampa.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  7. TK423

TK423

Sep 4, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks! Thats actually the reason I was asking, the salesman at SS was rude and not helpful at all.