close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New member in las vegas

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by jamsher, Apr 12, 2012.

1. jamsher

jamsher

Apr 7, 2012
    Hi, everybody. I live in Las Vegas, am 63 years old and never owned a handgun. I just bought my first, a Glock 30 sf. Got it last week and went out this past weekend and ran its first 100 rounds through it.

Bought the gun for home defense and a shooting hobby. First gun had to be one that would work with my wife's small hands. She instantly liked the .45 cal 30 sf. Actually I was shocked but very pleased.

We're joining a sportsman's shooting club and plan to take both defense and shooting lessons.

Looking forward to talking Glock with all of you and learning everything I can.

2. Facejackets

Facejackets

Nov 29, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Welcome from Vegas.

Are you joining Desert Sportsmen? Check out Desert Hills before you do that. Their range is a little nicer for newer shooters.

3. jamsher

jamsher

Apr 7, 2012
    Thanks for the tip. I will check them out.

4. nache

nache

Mar 29, 2012
    fACEJ..............Where is Desert Hills located,what does it offer?
    I live in the 7 hills area.....

Appreicate info....................
    Thanks

5. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    Welcome from Henderson.

I like Boulder City Rifle & Pistol club. Members have the gate combination and can shoot 24/7/365.

Range is open to public four days/week during normal business hours. If you get there and the public range is busy, there is an equally large "members only" range too.

6. jamsher

jamsher

Apr 7, 2012
    I live on west side, but I will still check it out. Thanks.

7. gyfgyf

gyfgyf

Nov 18, 2009
    Hi,
    Welcome.
    I go to Desert Sportsman to shoot. It is a very good club. You and your wife will enjoy it.
    Thanks,
    Gyfgyf

8. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit
  9. odesskiy

odesskiy Crazy Russkiy

Jul 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Those chiming in from Vegas, check out our local online community, nevadashooters.com if you aren't already a member. It's an awesome group of people with only a couple of resident liberals :supergrin:

10. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

May 1, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Welcome from Vegas, and odesskiy is right, he turned me towards nevadashooters.com, and it is a great place.