close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Member here

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Eagle22, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Eagle22

Eagle22

Feb 6, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Just wanted to say Hey.

New member here. Live out side Roseville, NC in Wake County.
    Have been reading a few threads on GT for the past week or so. Lots of good info and good ppl here.

Purchased a Glock22 and will be taking the CC, Feb 12 & 14 in Wendell.

Would be nice to meet a few ppl and find a range or two in NE, Eastern Wake or Franklin Counties. I know there is a range off Tryon road south of Raleigh, which would work too.

Tips and pointers welcome.

Thanks everyone

Tom

2. The range is Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center. You can go to their website at www.goshoot.com
    I am at this range once a week.

We are having an open carry dinner in Cary tonight if you want to meet some locals.

3. Eagle22

Eagle22

Feb 6, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Thank you.

Sorry I did not see this until Sunday Morning.

What type of ammo do ppl with 40 S&W use?

I have some Federal 165g FMJ for target and practice to start,

I have not been shooting in over 10 years. at that time is was a S&W .38 and 30 years ago I used my fathers old 1911

4. I shoot Blazer Brass 180gr for the most part.
    I have a ton of Speer 165gr practice ammo on the way.
    Winchester white box is great practice ammo.
    UMC Bulk Yellow Box is also good, but a little dirty.

For SD, I carry Speer Gold Dots 180gr.

The heavier bullet has slightly less percieved recoil. The lighter bullets feel more snappy.

You can check out a store called Lawman's in Garner. They sell SD ammo much cheaper than most gun stores as they are mostly a LEO supply store.

5. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

Apr 30, 2005
    Chapin,S.C.
    Welcome to GT, Eagle. the g22 was my first glock as well, hope you dont have the same problem i had with mine........................

.....it made me buy a 19 and a 21sf!

6. Eagle22

Eagle22

Feb 6, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Hey Thanks

Could not find a G17 or G19, very high demand piece. So purchased the G22. Will get a G19 when I can.

Besides one can never have too many, right?

7. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday

Oct 19, 2008
    The G22 is a great gun, although I perfer the 23, but I like the .40 cal. And you can never have too many guns :p

I shoot at PDHSC every couple of weeks, its a great place. I almost always shoot Blazer Brass, as its cheap and and good ammo. You can get it at any Walmart, the one in Garner had some 2 days ago when I went.

For carry ammo I either carry 180g Speer Gold Dots, or Bonded Golden Sabers. Both have run flawlessly through my .40 cal guns.

Welcome to Glock talk!

8. Eagle22

Eagle22

Feb 6, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Thanks John.

Will look into the Blazer Brass. I also have the 165g Speer Gold Dot for SD.

Tom