close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New member from VA

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Jager247, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Jager247

Jager247

Sep 10, 2012
    Hello everyone, new glock 17L owner here. I hope to get lots of good info from you guys when needed. I'm more a 1911 guy so please forgive me ahead of time for my noobish around glocks.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia

3. DannyR

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Well, if you every need any work on your Glock, I'm about 100 miles away.

Also, I hold a GSSF (Glock) match on the first Sunday of every month, 10am-3pm, at PSS Range & Training.

Directions at www.pss-range-training.net

4. Jager247

Jager247

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks. I may have to hit you up on that. I'd love to get into some pistol matches. Right now all have local is my high power rifle shoots. Is the glock 17L leagal for that class?

5. DannyR

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Any GLOCK is legal in all GSSF (GLOCK) matches, both indoors and outdoors. Your G17L qualifies for:

Indoors--Stock or Unlimited (modified)

Outdoors--Competition (stock) and Unlimited categories

Indoor matches are a series of three. shoot two out of three to be placed in the random pistol drawing at the conclusion of the 3rd match. Average attendance is 35 per match. 50 rounds per entry.

Outdoor match draw about 450 entries over a two-day weekend. GLOCK pistols are awarded for 1st Place finishes, plus there are a number of random pistol, cash and merchandise prizes. Closest two matches are Morganton, NC in April and Beckley, WV in August. 81 to 107 rounds per entry.

Rules, details and schedules at www.gssfonline.com

GSSF members may take the GLOCK Certified Armorer's Class. Schedule, updated weekly, is at www.glocktraining.com

6. Jager247

Jager247

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks Danny, mines modified so that should work. I'll check my work schedule and see if I'm off any of those dates. I'm still waiting on a non ported barrel to come in, but here's my rig sofar

[​IMG]