close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New member from NJ

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by kirbinster, Jan 28, 2013.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster

Jan 28, 2013
    New Jersey
    Hello all, I'm from Northern NJ, Morris County to be more exact. I have previous shot a .22 bolt action rifle when I was in summer camp at about age 10. Now it is some 4 decades later and I just recently fired my first handgun, a Glock G17. Went to the range today to try a G19 but they had none available so I tried my hand with a .40 cal G23. Really having a good time with what looks like it will be an expensive new hobby.

Applied for my NJ FID and a few purchase permits two weeks ago. Got my finger prints done and have had two friends file the recommendation forms, now I guess I just have to wait for the local police to do their thing till I can actually purchase my own gun.

2. kirbinster

kirbinster

Jan 28, 2013
    New Jersey
    Well I guess I live in one of the few good towns in NJ, got my FID and pistol purchase permits in four weeks. Bought a Glock gen4 G22 on Monday, well I paid for it an had to wait the state's redundant instant background check which is now taking 4 or 5 days. Got the call at 4:45pm Friday that I was good to go. Ran in and picked up my new toy like a kid on Christmas morning. Hopefully I will be able to get back to the range on Tuesday to give it a try, can't wait.

3. captcurly

captcurly

Sep 14, 2008
    Southern Delaware
    Welcome to GT. I did not think there were anymore gun folks living in the Peoples Republik of NJ.