New member from NJ

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by kirbinster, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hello all, I'm from Northern NJ, Morris County to be more exact. I have previous shot a .22 bolt action rifle when I was in summer camp at about age 10. Now it is some 4 decades later and I just recently fired my first handgun, a Glock G17. Went to the range today to try a G19 but they had none available so I tried my hand with a .40 cal G23. Really having a good time with what looks like it will be an expensive new hobby.

Applied for my NJ FID and a few purchase permits two weeks ago. Got my finger prints done and have had two friends file the recommendation forms, now I guess I just have to wait for the local police to do their thing till I can actually purchase my own gun.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Old member new post Introduction Forum Sunday at 11:38 AM
    New Member. Introduction Forum Saturday at 11:45 AM
    Remember when Obama and his progressive fascist media told us the economy is recovering? They lied. Political Issues Friday at 1:23 PM
    Remember the California dead man with 1200 weapons? He's an Alien. The Okie Corral Thursday at 10:44 PM
    You guys remember a few weeks ago when I asked how to put hinges on a barrel? The Okie Corral Thursday at 6:31 PM

3. welcome to the forum!

4. Welcome!

5. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

6. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.

7. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

8. Well I guess I live in one of the few good towns in NJ, got my FID and pistol purchase permits in four weeks. Bought a Glock gen4 G22 on Monday, well I paid for it an had to wait the state's redundant instant background check which is now taking 4 or 5 days. Got the call at 4:45pm Friday that I was good to go. Ran in and picked up my new toy like a kid on Christmas morning. Hopefully I will be able to get back to the range on Tuesday to give it a try, can't wait.

9. Welcome to GT. I did not think there were anymore gun folks living in the Peoples Republik of NJ.

10. Welcome from Arizona.