New member from Montgomery, Texas

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by oldskoolcool, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Hi Folks,
    I just got into this forum today and I'm new to the format, so pardon any errors on my part. We live down here on Lake Conroe and I'm a hunting, fishing, firearms enthusiast. Last year's drought lowered the lake level to the point that I wasn't able to get the boat in the water and as a result I spent a lot of time in the gun store and at the shooting range. I recently purchased a Glock 23 (Gen 3) with night sights and put a few rounds through it. I really like this gun. The gun is still stock and I would like to get some opinions on the best upgrades, i.e., trigger, recoil spring, guide rods, etc., so let me know what you think..... thx

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

2. buy extra factory magazines; imo, out of the box... your Glock is good to go.

welcome to the forum.

#2 bsg1, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  3. Welcome to GT. I agree with bsg1, mags and, ammo are all you need.

4. :welcome: aboard!
    I'm just down in Spring.
    I don't think any upgrades are really necessary. 3-5 mags and a case of ammo would be my first two picks. Next, if anything, I'd do the 25 cent trigger job.

5. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

6. Thx to everyone that replied to my post requesting advise on upgrades for my G23. The general consensus seems to be add some magazines and ammo and the gun is good to go as-is. This is kind of surprising given the number of discussions I see on the forum regarding trigger kits, recoil spring and guide rod replacements. I agree however, that the gun seems to be good out of the box. I haven't had a single problem with it after about 400 rounds using several different types of ammo. One thing I plan to do is to install some of the grip tape panels from Decal Grip. The finger grooves on the G23 grip are a little too closely spaced for my large hands, so I think the tape will help. If any of you have tried the Decal Grips or similar products let me know what you think.....

7. My G23 is stock except for night sights. All you need. Welcome to GT.

I heard Don Imus say he was buying property in Montgomery, TX. His son does rodeos.

8. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

I bought a 3.5 lb connector and a smooth trigger is all I did to mine and welcome. I used to fly all over that area and my great great grand parents lived in that area.

9. Welcome

Glock 21 Gen4