New member from Central Texas

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Reds45acp, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Well I consider myself converted to the "Church of Glock".

I've been shooting 1911s and S&W revolvers for most of my life. When it came time to look for a carry gun I first decided on a Kahr CW45. It was slim, a 45 and had a nice long (thinking long = safe for a gun without a safety) trigger pull. I couldn't hit my own backside with it if it was in my back pocket. While it is striker fired the trigger pull is what was getting to me. It doesn't really feel like a DA revolver and, as I found out, it doesn't feel like a Glock.

I bought an FN FNS-9 to shoot IDPA since 9mm was cheap (you know, at the time... :rolleyes: ) and I'm left-handed (yes, I'm one of THOSE) so the full ambi-controls were nice. I had to learn to shoot striker fired pistols. Coming from my background of DA S&Ws and 1911s the feel is VERY different. I eventually got used to it then got pretty good with it. I also saw how safe they really are to carry so I went looking at a different pistols to carry.

My Dad carries a G36 (my family has a bias for .45acp). So I looked and there were none. I tried a G30 and that was that. Held a 3-in group at ten yards and it was fun to shoot. So, I started carrying a G30 Gen 3 NOT sf. The bigger frame sits better in my hands. I had a set Tru-Glow TFOs installed. With a nice IWB holster the damn thing disappears and with a spare mag in my pocket I've got 21 rounds of +P 45 JHP. That makes me happy.

So happy that I got a Gen4 G21 put a set of TFOs on it and have the same manual of arms & sight picture for my daily carry and my home and occasional full size carry gun. Eventually I'm going to sell the FNS-9 for a G17 or perhaps a G34 to shoot in IDPA.

I still have and love my 1911s and revolvers. They are just range guns though.

I am highly impressed with my two Glocks and will continue to carry them with pride and comfort knowing they will work should, heaven forbid I ever need them to defend my life or the life of another loved one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Hey from a fellow central Texan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

:welcome:

4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Howdy from El Paso.

5. Welcome to the forum!

6. :welcome: Enjoy GT....................

7. Here are a few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

8. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!