close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New M&P on the way!

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by happyguy, Apr 1, 2010.

1. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

New 4.25 in S&W M&P .40 Pro on the way. It is supposed to be here next Wednsday.:supergrin:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

2. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
  3. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I picked up the gun and an additional magazine on Thursday.

So far my assessment is that it is a typical M&P with better sights and trigger.

The trigger has the initial grittiness that seems to be normal for M&P's until they are broken in, but with a lighter break, reduced over-travel, and more distinct reset.

I think it was well worth the additional $70 over the standard M&P .40.

I played around with it doing one handed malfunction drills using the new sights and have concluded that I want to get a set of these installed on my old 9c.

I'll be going to the range on Monday or Tuesday and provide a full report afterwards.:supergrin:

Regards,

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I qualified with this weapon last Saturday.

The Rangemaster held my target up in front of all present and told them this is how everyones target should look. I had a softball sized group in the COM with just 4 or 5 fliers.

It isn't a hard course of fire (nothing beyond 15 yards) but this sure is a sweet shooting handgun and it's even softer shooting than my SIG P229.

Highly recommended.

Regards,

5. BadAndy

BadAndy

Oct 2, 2004
    Irmo, SC
    You should, at the very least, get the Apex striker block. It fixes the grittiness of the trigger.

6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

In all honesty I don't think the grittiness affects how the gun shoots at all. All of the grittiness is in the take-up and the shootin' doesn't really start until you reach the hard point.

It probably has some kind of psychological affect on certain people but when I'm running a combat course I don't even notice it. As a matter of fact, the only time I do notice it is when I'm dry firing.
    :wavey:

Regards,

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010