close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Lover

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by phalanxr, Jul 28, 2012.

1. phalanxr

phalanxr

Oct 29, 2011
    I have owned numerous 1911's over the years, most exclusively Kimbers which in the end I was disappointed in, excluding a custom one from the 80's.

I scraped money together for almost a year in hopes to find one within my price range.

Yep...

[​IMG]

2. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    Beautiful!! I have the stainless one. I couldn't be much happier with a 1911. The TRP is a great balance of price vs. quality.

3. phalanxr

phalanxr

Oct 29, 2011
    I love it, had some initial confusion on dis assembly and reassembly, There are 2 guides within the booklet that came with it.

One for full size 1911's, and one for TRP models...

IF I do it the TRP way my spring gets almost damaged in the process... it so weird. It came with the tool kit that TRP's are spose to come with, and the directions for TRP sais to lock the slide to the rear and insert a pin (Ok, just like the kimbers I owned)... except there is no pin hole.

So I do the full size 1911 way bam comes apart easily. Goes back together after a good scrubbing... when I lock the slide to the rear it has this horrible (zipper like) screech to it...

First reaction, wtf? Take it apart, put it back together same thing, take it apart put it back together same exact way... sound is gone super smooth again *shrug*

Small hiccup but well move on haha

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Very nice 1911, congrats :) I would like to add of of those TRPs to my safe someday.

5. steve1911

steve1911

Jul 12, 2004
    oregon
  6. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

Dec 19, 2007
    SECONUS in HARD TARGET
    Very nice. Good job putting Kimber behind you.

7. jg420

jg420

Dec 17, 2007
    SE Texas
    You will love it, great pistol. Now I want one in stainless..

8. eric1

eric1

Jun 13, 2008
    Congratulations! I got one a few weeks ago and love it. I field stripped mine for the first time last night.