New look to the Spartan

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by rsxr22, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Hey guys!! I refinished my Spartan last week. Our shop provides refinishing in duracoat, and i have done a few pistols in it. I wanted to explore some other stuff though and I looked to Cerakote because of the quickness you can use the weapon after completion. I was blown away with how well the pistol came out. I originally wanted to do black over stainless with black small parts, but my wilson will be arriving soon in that flavor so i figured i'd try something else. I love their stainless color, it comes out almost in a titanium color and made the finish look extremely unique. It is reminding me of a darker, deeper bead blasting. Anyway, enjoy! Sorry for the Iphone photos! (I know I need new grips now, so dont bother commenting on them)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Great job. Turned out very nice.

3. Wooo Hoooo Hoooo!

That is just SEXY!

Very nice, Congrats!

4. Thanks guys!! I still have to go back and touch up a few parts! Need to refit the trigger and take a little extra off because the paint adds a little bit and is already wearing at the top of the trigger in the top 2 photos. Also I noticed a spot i must have missed on the grip safety.
    I'll also add that the little extra that the Cerakote added to the gun, it is tight as ever again!! Virtually no side to side movement of the slide to frame fit. Im sure once i shoot it a bit, the cerakote will wear in some stress areas and I will get a little play back in the slide, but this is exactly why i bought this gun!! It had been my intentions to refinish it since the day I bought it!

5. That came out looking REALLY nice.

6. Very nice.

Congrats! :cool:

...it looks like Quack got to you. :rofl:

7. very nice looking now. it does not look spartanisque anymore. if that's a word.

8. LOL Kinda! I used to have an EGW flat in my Kimber. I liked the trigger, but hated the "E" cutout. I got away from it and just went back to standard because i heard the 10-8's were tough to fit. Don pointed me in the direction to the Wilson's. I switched over my existing 1911's and I ordered my WC and NH with them.

9. Looks good and I kinda like those grips

10. EGW does make them without the "E". ;)

[​IMG]

11. I know what you mean, pretty sure its not a word though haha

The gun has been anything short of GREAT since I picked it up. I loved it so much my TRP barely gets any love anymore. The only things I didnt like about the gun were the plastic MSH and trigger, No front strap checkering, and the fact it was park'd. I took care of 2 out of the 3 and grip tape is an easy fix for the 3rd, I just havent re-applied any since I finished it. I thought about sending it out to get checkered, but I think I will just enjoy the pistol as is and later down the road either get a Trojan or maybe even do a semi-custom build in 9mm, not sure yet!!! Im still trying to figure out how to pay for the 2 i have coming :supergrin:

12. Honestly, In the photos i guess they dont look that bad! But sitting next to me, their UGLY! I use a techwell magwell on the Spartan that I won at a USPSA match awhile back. The magwell attaches to slots cut into the grip and your choices from techwell are Mil-tacs or Alumnagrips. I think I am going to order a set of VZ's shortly though and just relieve cut them because the MT's are simply not aggressive enough

13. Wish I would have known that about a year ago!

14. Great job, looks good :)

15. Quack

Quack Rent this space

looks good in person and better than the crappy iPhone pics :rofl:

16. He is a COTEFT pledge. :rofl:

17. Hater.

18. Very True :tongueout:

19. Quack

Quack Rent this space

i'm on a MBP right now :tongueout:

20. Well atleast you have good taste in computers as well as 1911's, but aren't Mac's like the Nighthawk of the computer world??? I heard Acer makes a real good computer:whistling: