close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New LGS in the PRK..

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Cerebrus, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

So today while out running errands I see that there is a new gun shop in town.. needless to say I had to stop and go in..wonderful selection but wow.. can we say over priced?
    NIB SA SS loaded for $1,100? :shocked:
    S&W 1911 for $1,300?
    a gently used Colt Defender for $1,200?
    a Sig 1911 for $1,400 +?
    and to add insult to injury .45 acp for $28.99 a box...
    I think I will stick with my buddy's shop.. where he charged me $730 for my SA Parked Loaded...
    Is it just me or do those prices seem a little high?

2. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

3. reminiz

reminiz

Feb 21, 2010
    box of 20 or 50? Cause my local wal-mart I just paid $29 for a box of 50 Winchester

4. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Box o' 50.. I went to the local CVS and paid $20 for Win white box

5. I picked up 4 boxes of 100 round value pack WWB for $33 a piece at my local wal-mart just last week :whistling:

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  7. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Oregon is looking better and better with each passing day.. Kalifornia is getting to be way too full of greedheads lookin to make a profit..
    Thanks for the input Bac.. I thought those prices were a bit out there..:wow:

8. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Just like a car dealer the prices marked are MSRP. Did you happen to try & haggle over a gun price or immediately assumed that they want full tilt?

I never judge until I try & haggle. Who knows, they may beat your buddy´s price. :supergrin:

9. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Well considering that I have already bought my allotted gun for the year, no I did not try and haggle.. I usually try that when I have the dinero on me to make the purchase.. But with my buddy's place I tell him what I want and he usually shaves off quite a bit from MSRP.. his shop is going to be the only thing that I miss when I move out of this godforsaken state...:upeyes:

10. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    see bold text above. what does your buddy charge at msrp for the same items at the new shop?

11. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    $29 for a 50 round box of Winchester at WM? :wow:

Hopefully they kissed you first and used some sort of lubricant.

12. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

I could have got a SA SS Loaded for $830 otd this includes sales tax and DROS..

13. reminiz

reminiz

Feb 21, 2010
    They softly nuzzled my neck. Does that count?:embarassed: . Now that I think about it, that does seem kinda high. I just went and looked at the box, it wasn't the target ammo FMJs. It was JHPs.

14. reminiz

reminiz

Feb 21, 2010
    CVS as in the drug store CVS?

15. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Yep.. they have a sporting goods dept. Their prices are usually better than the sporting goods stores around town..:upeyes:

16. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Ok, that makes more sense, and hopefully they whispered sweet nothings in your ear.

:iloveyou:

17. Monte#2

Monte#2

Nov 12, 2009
    Midwest
    Agreed! Seem quite a bit higher than I usually see...

18. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    I live in the SF Bay Area and those prices are high compared to where I shop. Like 10-20% higher. They may even be higher than MSRP.

Do they smoke crack on their lunch breaks at that gunstore?

19. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.