Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

New Kahr MK40 owner!

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by modestglock26, Jan 24, 2010.

1. modestglock26

modestglock26 sleep w/ a gun

Aug 2, 2006
    Dang this thing is compact!

I normally carry a G27 and got a decent deal on a trade today for a guitar I wasn't using, which landed me a clean MK40 with nightsights, case, 2 mags, ammo and a IWB Don Hume.

I'm liking the simplicity and clean lines of the MK and the size is a nice break from always having to carry a Glock.

No pics yet but just thought I would stop in and say HI!

Any other MK40 fanboys?
  2. I'm thinking about adding an MK40 to my arsenal, but also like the MK9 and P380. Already have a PM9 and P9 that I am very happy with. I've pretty much gravitated to pocket carry only for the past few years. I need to read up on the MK40, especially as it relates to reliability.

3. scrapperid

Oct 11, 2009
    I've had a pm 9 since April and an mk 40 since July. Won't part with either one as not a hitch with either and probably ~6-800 rounds thru each. The lightness and thinness of the pm9 make easy pocket carry in the summer (about all I do) But the 40 is a manstopper and with them wood grips she is my baby even if they thicken it a bit.
  4. modestglock26

modestglock26 sleep w/ a gun

Aug 2, 2006
    Took my MK40 to the range with the wife on shoots amazingly. So accurate for such a small gun.

I would definitely put this on my keeper list.
  5. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Pulpa est valeo

May 24, 2002
    above ground
    I have owned a K40 and a MK40 Kahr. I packed both at one time or another and both were fantastic guns.

Then I had a chance to pick up a K40 Covert. It has the shorter grip of the MK and the longer slide of the K40. In short the best of both models.

I love the shorter grip for its ease of concealment, something you have already found out. I prefer a belt holster to carry my Kahrs.