Glock Talk banner

New Jersey Coyotes

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  hagar 
#1 ·
It's winter and I'm bored... I think I'd like to try Coyote hunting here in NJ. Some of my neighbors are having some issues with them with regard to their sheep herds so it seems like a good time as their numbers a growing fast.

I have never hunted Coyote. I am restricted to shotgun in NJ. (I do own a .243 Win and really wish I could use it on my lot of about 8 acres -- effing NJ :steamed: )

I would like people's suggestions on how to hunt these predators and wondered if there was anyone out there who's hunted them in the great state of NJ.

(Type of calls -- Ammo -- Techniques, etc...)

TIA

#3 ·
Are they regulated in the Garden State?

If not get a call, bring them inside 50 yards and slug them with some Sabot slugs.
Thanks for the reply.

No, there is a permit season.

What suggestions might you make for a call? Are the electronic ones superior?

#5 ·
An electronic caller and some "bait" should work. I would set myself up on a fence line around an area that the sheep are at. You can use a stuffed animal, pelt, cat toy, whatever, for the bait.

Some ammo companies manufacture hevi shot for yotes. It's denser than lead and "they" say it will hold a tight pattern out to 70 yards. This will depend on your shotgun and choke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.