Glock Talk banner

new indoor range in Ashburn- SilverEagle

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  GE-Minigun 
#1 ·
Today 11/27/08 I saw an ad for a new indoor range in Ashburn, Va from a company called Silver Eagle Group. Anyone heard of these people? They have an open house this weekend.Check it out:

www.silvereagle-group.com

#2 · (Edited)
I got a membership flier in the mail. It looks like a very interesting place with a couple of ranges, a social area/coffee shop and meeting rooms.

But I noticed the cost to join was missing so it must be big bucks... kinda like joining a country club.

An unfortunately, much more than I can afford. :(

#5 ·
Its too bad that its so expensive, i work in ashburn (about 5 minutes from this place) and live in leesburg.

here is the email that they sent me when i asked about prices. this is just part of it. Another part of it talks about financing that they offer for their memberships....

The pricing for the Founders membership is broken down into three different membership types. These types are Individual, Family, and Corporate. The rate for individual membership is a lifetime initiation fee of $50,000 and monthly dues of $350. The rate for the family membership is a lifetime initiation fee of $75,000 and monthly dues of $325 per locker, you get two lockers but 4 memberships with this. The rate for the corporate membership is $125,000 lifetime initiation fee and monthly dues of $300 per locker, you get four lockers and four memberships with this. If you would like me to explain the difference in each membership type I will gladly do that for you.

Currently we are running a charter for the first ten founders memberships sold before the facility opens. The individual membership rate is a $30,000 lifetime initiation fee plus monthly dues of $350. The family membership rate is $50,000 lifetime initiation fee plus monthly dues of $325 per locker. The corporate membership rate is $100,000 lifetime initiation fee plus monthly dues of $300 per locker.

If you are not interested in the service offerings that come with the Founders membership we are currently offering one other membership type. The Sportsman membership. This membership is offered at the individual and family level, not the corporate level. Pricing for a Sportsman Membership is a lifetime initiation fee of $5,000 and monthly dues of $150 for an individual. The family membership rate is a lifetime initiation fee of $7,500 and monthly dues of $125 per adult.

#11 · (Edited)
Holy crap! $50k initiation fee!!! :wow: I'd have to sell all my guns to get the money just to join and have to get a part-time job to pay the monthly dues.

Let's see --- that would leave me with nothing to shoot if I ever had time to go to the range. After carful consideration - I THINK I'LL PASS!

I'll just just wait for the new range to open in Woodbridge. :yawn:

#12 ·
You guys are getting worked up over nothing.

The basic pricing for the annual membership at Silver Eagle is a $100 annual fee and $35 monthly dues for an individual.

That comes out to $520 per year, which happens to be the same price as Blue Ridge's (BRA) annual membership. AND, BRA's owner just went out of his way to announce on YouTube that he is a big Obama supporter. Still a good range & store, but I dread what the owner is spending the money on that he makes from my business there.

NRA Range is still $300-350 per year annual, but I find its crowded unless I take a vacation day from work (which ain't often).

Who cares if the Silver Eagle group also happens to have really high-dollar accounts? Looks like a good place to shoot in NOVA - and at a price that is line with other shooting ranges around here.

#14 ·
You guys are getting worked up over nothing.

The basic pricing for the annual membership at Silver Eagle is a $100 annual fee and $35 monthly dues for an individual.

That comes out to $520 per year, which happens to be the same price as Blue Ridge's (BRA) annual membership. AND, BRA's owner just went out of his way to announce on YouTube that he is a big Obama supporter. Still a good range & store, but I dread what the owner is spending the money on that he makes from my business there.

NRA Range is still $300-350 per year annual, but I find its crowded unless I take a vacation day from work (which ain't often).

Who cares if the Silver Eagle group also happens to have really high-dollar accounts? Looks like a good place to shoot in NOVA - and at a price that is line with other shooting ranges around here.
Where did you hear that they have a 100/annual 35/month membership? None of the information that I have recieved from them mentioned this, and everyone who I have talked to has never heard of anything less than the sportsman membership. (5,000 initiation fee).

#15 ·
#16 ·
Where did you hear that they have a 100/annual 35/month membership? None of the information that I have recieved from them mentioned this, and everyone who I have talked to has never heard of anything less than the sportsman membership. (5,000 initiation fee).
never mind i'm an idiot. I just saw today that they have a annual "membership" thing, that is similar to other places. I wish i would have freaking known that before i joined blue ridge! its about 15 minutes closer to my house!

#18 ·
Carlitos is 100% correct. I just called them to verify. It's the same price as Blue Ridge and MUCH nicer (and closer to my house). I'm going to join this week.

#21 ·
I joined Beaumeade / Silver Eagle first of the year. Seems like a really nice place and very convenient for my so made it an easy decision. Just an annual pass member, not sure the high end membership makes too much sense...certainly not on the economics.

Great facility and the retail section in improving. Actually lucked into getting my 19 there. They just happened to have one while I was contemplating options. Given how hard they are to find now, I realize how lucky I was. It was a reasonable price too, within $5 of the prices at Jerry's Traders at gun show yesterday.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.