close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New in northeast ohio

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Volguy10, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Volguy10

Volguy10

Sep 18, 2012
    Goodmorning everyone,

I recently traded some long range rifle items for my first glock it is a G17 I was told it was a gen 2 that was proof stamped and lets just say that it is "neat". I knew it was kind of rough when I made the trade but I had no idea how rough. The frame has had a reduction to supposedly fit G19 which are also to long and the G26 mags are to short so not a very good job in either regard. Also, the frame has been texturedand by textured I mean it has been covered in what appears to be roofing tar. Many hours and stiff neck later I basiucally have all of the "GOUP" off. This is where I realized what people with to much time on their hand can do. The frame reduction looks to be done with a hacksaw and a dremel. The frame was actually shaved all the way through in some spots and fixed with resin or appoxy of some kind. I love the way the gun shoot and feels I just hate how horrible the frame looks. So I am at the point where I want to get another frame and have it reduced to take the 19 mags. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Welcome. :wavey:

Paragraphs are awesome. Would you like to borrow a few? :supergrin:

3. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Welcome! I myself will be visiting Sandusky for a cedar point trip in late october....

4. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    So you are in NE OH with a Glock17. Well I am an ex-Clevelander here in VT with my 3rd Gen G17. What town do you live in?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  5. Volguy10

Volguy10

Sep 18, 2012
  6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I know BV. I have friends from there.