close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"New" HP - Quick Question

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by elde, Mar 25, 2012.

1. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Tx
    Hi All -

Just picked up a MK111 made in 1989 and unfired. Has a forged frame, original box with all paperwork and is the std. matte finish model. My question is would you put this gun into service or keep in orginal condition in the safe?
    Appreciate the opinions of the members - although I'm very familiar with many handguns my BHP knowledge is limited - I do have several choices for range & carry duty so this gun is not a necessity for use.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I'd probably fire it, unles you already have another HP.

3. .45MoonClip

.45MoonClip NRA Life Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Western Pennsylvania
    What good is a gun you can't shoot. I have four older BHP, two of them are 'T' series guns. I have shot them all.:supergrin:

4. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Tx
    Thanks Guys.....to the range it goes Saturday morning. Have to sight in a couple of new lasers anyway, might as well initiate it at the same time.

5. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    My Hipowers have nearly doubled in value since I bought them, fired or not.. I shoot the heck out of mine :)

6. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    You have to shoot it. It is a MKIII so it really doesn't have any collector value at this time.