Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

New here

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by fullmetal1911, Mar 21, 2013.

1. fullmetal1911

Mar 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi all,

Joined up because I figured I would be having a few questions down the road, and the forums I am typically on are very little help when trying to find useful information.

I'm hardly new to firearms, have...well, let's just say a few, with my three favorites being my GP-1975 AK, Ruger SR-1911 and my gen3 Glock 19. I've owned quite a few Glocks over the years, including a gen2 Glock 19, gen3 G23, 27, and 30. My girlfriend also owns a gen3 G26.

I do reload, have been doing so for a bit more than a year now, and just ordered a lone wolf threaded barrel for my G19 so I can shoot lead through it, since it's been a real PITA finding plated bullets lately.

Other than that, if there is anyone in the Phoenix area that ever needs a hand with anything car related (my profession) or maybe needs help with something AK or AR related or wants to learn about reloading, feel free to hit me up, I'm still relatively new to this area and could always use a few more friends :wavey:
  2. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island

3. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
  4. TheGrinch0622

Mar 18, 2013
    Sounds cool, I have a conversion kit for my G22 to shoot 9mm and I would love to pack bullets, I have no idea how to though.
    In Mass myself, and there is no ammo... other than shot gun-
    good luck
  5. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    :welcome: Enjoy GT....................
  6. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    Greetings, FM!

Yeah, I, too, enjoy reloading. I find it relaxing in a way.

@ Grinch: check out the reloading forum here.

For starters, I got the following:
    - a Lee single stage press and a set of dies for each caliber I wanted to reload
    - a small digital scale
    - a Lee "perfect powder measure"
    - calipers
    - a bullet puller (hammer type)
    - a Lyman (or other) reloading manual

- & of course, powder, primers, bullets, ( & cases)

It's a bit awkward, when you start, finding data for the bullet size and powder you get first. Might be helpful to read up on it enough ahead of time, to know the exact components you're gonna start with. You also might be limited by what your supplier has on hand.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  7. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
  8. Bugster455X2

Feb 24, 2013
  9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit