New here

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by fullmetal1911, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Joined up because I figured I would be having a few questions down the road, and the forums I am typically on are very little help when trying to find useful information.

I'm hardly new to firearms, have...well, let's just say a few, with my three favorites being my GP-1975 AK, Ruger SR-1911 and my gen3 Glock 19. I've owned quite a few Glocks over the years, including a gen2 Glock 19, gen3 G23, 27, and 30. My girlfriend also owns a gen3 G26.

I do reload, have been doing so for a bit more than a year now, and just ordered a lone wolf threaded barrel for my G19 so I can shoot lead through it, since it's been a real PITA finding plated bullets lately.

Other than that, if there is anyone in the Phoenix area that ever needs a hand with anything car related (my profession) or maybe needs help with something AK or AR related or wants to learn about reloading, feel free to hit me up, I'm still relatively new to this area and could always use a few more friends :wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    President is not welcome here: Roseburg residents angry that Obama is traveling to visit the victims Political Issues Today at 5:40 AM
    Any skydivers here? The Okie Corral Today at 2:40 AM
    Are there any Kimber 10MM owners here? 1911 Forums Yesterday at 5:14 PM
    Heres my man card The Okie Corral Sunday at 6:45 PM
    I'm not new here... Introduction Forum Saturday at 6:45 AM

3. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

4. Welcome!
  5. Sounds cool, I have a conversion kit for my G22 to shoot 9mm and I would love to pack bullets, I have no idea how to though.
    In Mass myself, and there is no ammo... other than shot gun-
    good luck
  6. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

:welcome: Enjoy GT....................
  7. Greetings, FM!

Yeah, I, too, enjoy reloading. I find it relaxing in a way.

@ Grinch: check out the reloading forum here.

For starters, I got the following:
    - a Lee single stage press and a set of dies for each caliber I wanted to reload
    - a small digital scale
    - a Lee "perfect powder measure"
    - calipers
    - a bullet puller (hammer type)
    - a Lyman (or other) reloading manual

- & of course, powder, primers, bullets, ( & cases)

It's a bit awkward, when you start, finding data for the bullet size and powder you get first. Might be helpful to read up on it enough ahead of time, to know the exact components you're gonna start with. You also might be limited by what your supplier has on hand.
    #6 ADK_40GLKr, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  8. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.
  9. Welcome to GT!
  10. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!