Glock Talk banner

New hand gun owner from Minnesota

3K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  Bugster455X2 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am glad I found this site. I purchased a
Glock 19 Gen 4 about 5 weeks ago, or, should I say, I ordered it. Still waiting. I am planning on taking a course in a couple of weeks, since I really want to be an informed and responsible handgun owner, and I am a strong believer In Our 2nd amendment rights. I am looking forward to my new Glock, and learning from everyone here in this forum. Thanks.

Steve

#15 ·
welcome to GT.

You are just in time for the vilification of us. (sarcasm)

#19 ·
Congratulations from the Republic of Texas. New handgun owner? I love it. The more responsible gun owners; the better. You have made a great choice. If it works, never trade it. I wish I had every handgun that worked well I have traded back. When the urge hits for another, wait until you can buy it outright. Handguns are like lays potato chips----you can't have just one.

#22 ·
Just took my NRA basic course, learned a lot of great information. Went to the range with the class, and we shot 22's from 15 yards from bench and standing position. I pretty much sucked at this, all being below bull's eye, but at least I had them grouped. Than our instructor let us shot his Glock, Now, keep in mind, I have not shot any kind of handgun in 40 years (except for my pellet gun). From standing position, 15 yards, all within 1.5", and two in bullseye (only 5 shots) but man, made me feel pretty good about my new purchase. Still waiting for it to come in, but it is going to be worth the wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.