close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New guy to GT and CT

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by maddog3241, Aug 7, 2011.

1. maddog3241

maddog3241 Parttimer

May 28, 2011
    Hello all, I am new to GT and to CT. I have been reading for well over a month, and learned a ton from all of you. I am a full time computer tech, but today I finally got my long time dream. I qualified with my Glock 22 for the local county sheriffs dept. posse.

I am so excited to start working events, we do fairs, and other things that the real deputies don't have time to do.

Anyway, thanks for letting me read all the good advice, I am sure I will be posting questions soon enough.

BTW I am from west/central Michigan.

Matt

2. Hmmm, Isabella County is central so I'm betting West Central around Newaygo County. Welcome to GT.

3. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    I dunno... Comupter tech? Kalamazoo, Jackson. Those would be my guesses.

Welcome! If you haven't figured it out by now, we're a...unique bunch.

4. maddog3241

maddog3241 Parttimer

May 28, 2011
    You guys all rock. Like I said, I have been reading here for over a month. msu I am north of jackson, east of lansing, west of GR. Barry County.

5. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Welcome, and BEWARE!!! There lurks herein one known as Dragoon, Dragoon44. He's wise, battle strong, street smart, but intolerant of...of...well, you'll find out soon enough. :cool:

6. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Don't go scarin the noob with bedtime stories. Dragoon is a *****cat. :rofl:

I DO need you to buy a map, tho. How are you east of Lansing and yet in west/central MI? Nah, just messin with you. :supergrin:

7. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Moi???

the most kind and gentlest soul on this board!!

:tongueout::rofl:

Welcome FNG!

8. maddog3241

maddog3241 Parttimer

May 28, 2011
    Oh I have read alot of his posts, and I am still shaking from it. I will tread lightly. PROMISE. :wow: Thanks for the welcome, even though I am not a "real" officer.

9. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Oh, I'm not a cop, I'm adopted...

10. maddog3241

maddog3241 Parttimer

May 28, 2011
    I am just a helper. :) so I guess, I am sort of adopted too. I really enjoyed all 2000 pages of the duty belt thread. It is going to help me a lot as I setup my stuff.

11. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome.

Don't sweat Dragoon. He's had his shots. We think.

12. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    No big deal, alot of us, myself included, started out as "not real officers". Just be careful, LE work is a calling. It if is right for you it might just suck you in

13. maddog3241

maddog3241 Parttimer

May 28, 2011
    I think I am a little to old and broken to take it up fulltime, but I am already thinking I may go back to school for some computer forensics stuff. I am a computer tech now already. But I broke my back 11 years ago, so I don't think I could pass the academy. But ya never know. :cool:

14. Good news for you, Smoke: You are no longer the FNG! :rofl:

A cordial welcome to the replacement FNG! :thumbsup:

15. maddog3241

maddog3241 Parttimer

May 28, 2011
    Thank you for the welcome. I am sure I will ask some REALLY stupid questions too. That will really show how much of a FNG I really am. haha