close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New guy looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by firestud2829, Mar 26, 2007.

1. firestud2829

firestud2829

Mar 25, 2007
    Pell City, AL
    I'm new to the forum and also new to the wonderful world of Glock. I bought a model 27 a few days ago and I'm in love. Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for holsters. What have you guys found that works well with the 27? I think that IWB will be the best bet for me, but I am open to other suggestions.

Also, what brands of ammo have y'all found that works well with the 27? I bought some Winchester Ranger that seems ok so far. I also bought some Independence. This stuff was pretty cheap (12.95/box of 50) and it feeds well.

2. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

Mar 21, 2000
    Alabama
    I can't stand IWB. My favorite holster for my G27, and Lord knows I've tried a lot of high $$$ holsters, is the Galco Concealable. My previous favorite, until I changed brand of jeans and their loops were placed in the wrong place, was the Alessi CQC/S.

I currently carry Federal 180 grain Hydrashock ammo in mine, but not by choice. Given my choice, the best accuracy and performace comes from the Cor-Bon 135 grain ammo.

3. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Jun 25, 2002
    Anniston, Alabama
    I like the Galco FLETCH.

The Hydros are always a good bet, and I would run a few Gold Dots thru just to see if you liked them.

Oh yeah, also a welcome to GT from the Oxford area!

4. firestud2829

firestud2829

Mar 25, 2007
    Pell City, AL
    Thanks for the welcome. Are there any shooting ranges around Oxford open to the public?

5. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Jun 25, 2002
    Anniston, Alabama
    Yes. There is Moss Branch ($100 year fees) and probably a 35 minute drive for you.

There are some free ones in the Nat'l forest that are ok, but I don't know how far they are from PC.

6. firestud2829

firestud2829

Mar 25, 2007
    Pell City, AL
    Thanks man, I'll probably check into Moss Branch. That's pretty reasonable for a membership.

Oh, have you ever heard of/used a Kenneth Campbell holster? This guy is local for me and I thought I might check out his stuff.

7. GRR

GRR

Dec 29, 2004
    Bessemer, AL
    I have several KC Custom holsters. I like them a lot.

8. hankfan79

hankfan79

Dec 21, 2005
    North Alabama
    www.pistolpacking.com Custom made holsters for ANY gun!!! Kydex.

Used by the nations top shooters and made locally.

9. D4RWlN

D4RWlN

Nov 5, 2005
    Southeastern, AL
    my favorite is the Comptac C-tac slide. I also have a clipdraw for my g33. The only thing I don't like about the clipdraw is I can't keep one in the tube. Its veeeeery comfy though