close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New guy looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by firestud2829, Mar 26, 2007.

1. firestud2829

firestud2829
    Expand Collapse

I'm new to the forum and also new to the wonderful world of Glock. I bought a model 27 a few days ago and I'm in love. Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for holsters. What have you guys found that works well with the 27? I think that IWB will be the best bet for me, but I am open to other suggestions.

Also, what brands of ammo have y'all found that works well with the 27? I bought some Winchester Ranger that seems ok so far. I also bought some Independence. This stuff was pretty cheap (12.95/box of 50) and it feeds well.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. h2o-5o

h2o-5o
    Expand Collapse
    Owned by Pugs

I can't stand IWB. My favorite holster for my G27, and Lord knows I've tried a lot of high $$$ holsters, is the Galco Concealable. My previous favorite, until I changed brand of jeans and their loops were placed in the wrong place, was the Alessi CQC/S.

I currently carry Federal 180 grain Hydrashock ammo in mine, but not by choice. Given my choice, the best accuracy and performace comes from the Cor-Bon 135 grain ammo.

3. zoyter2

zoyter2
    Expand Collapse
    Yeah, so what?

I like the Galco FLETCH.

The Hydros are always a good bet, and I would run a few Gold Dots thru just to see if you liked them.

Oh yeah, also a welcome to GT from the Oxford area!

4. firestud2829

firestud2829
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the welcome. Are there any shooting ranges around Oxford open to the public?

5. zoyter2

zoyter2
    Expand Collapse
    Yeah, so what?

Yes. There is Moss Branch ($100 year fees) and probably a 35 minute drive for you.

There are some free ones in the Nat'l forest that are ok, but I don't know how far they are from PC.

6. firestud2829

firestud2829
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man, I'll probably check into Moss Branch. That's pretty reasonable for a membership.

Oh, have you ever heard of/used a Kenneth Campbell holster? This guy is local for me and I thought I might check out his stuff.

7. GRR

GRR
    Expand Collapse

I have several KC Custom holsters. I like them a lot.

8. hankfan79

hankfan79
    Expand Collapse

www.pistolpacking.com Custom made holsters for ANY gun!!! Kydex.

Used by the nations top shooters and made locally.

9. D4RWlN

D4RWlN
    Expand Collapse

my favorite is the Comptac C-tac slide. I also have a clipdraw for my g33. The only thing I don't like about the clipdraw is I can't keep one in the tube. Its veeeeery comfy though