Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New guy from Texas... Here's my first range trip with my modified Glock 19.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by bubblescivic, May 13, 2012.

1. bubblescivic

Feb 18, 2012
    Hi... I'm from Houston, Texas and this is my first Glock 19. I've owned a 23 in the past, but felt it was too expensive to run so I wanted something in 9mm. I had my reservations when choosing the Glock 19 as I've never really been a good shooter with Glock pistols. I originally wanted a Glock 34, but decided against the extra cost and the size.

Here are the mods I've done to it... basing my work on the work I did on the Glock 23 which was hugely successful.

Glockworx Competition Spring kit - striker spring, FPSP spring & trigger spring
    Glockworx Titanium Safety Plunger
    Scherer 3.5lb Connector
    Glock OEM extended magazine catch
    Pearce Grip Plug
    Meprolight tritium night sights

I have to say, I enjoy shooting this thing every bit as much as my Sig Sauer 1911. Today is the first day something has taken the 1911's place as the gun I ran the most at the range. My reservations were quickly put to rest as I was finishing up my second magazine yielding this grouping @ 10 yards with WWB 115gr FMJ... the bottom target is with my 1911 with a Kimber .22LR conversion.

I plan on the following mods as soon as funds permit:
    Glockworx Tungsten Guide Rod
    Glockworx 12lb recoil spring
    Glockworx skeletonized striker

I built this thing to be a range toy with an intermediate pistol cartridge that was cheap to run. I'm very happy with it and I'd like to see what you guys could recommend. I have no intentions of turning this thing into a space gun, if I wanted to do that I would've purchased a Glock 34. Thanks in advance for any advice.

- An
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. Good shooting :) Why do you suppose high left? Were they fast or slow?

Does your rear sight need to be drifted right?
    Last edited: May 14, 2012

3. bubblescivic

Feb 18, 2012
    Shortly after that group was shot, I had the gunsmith at The Arms Room drift the rear sight to the right just a bit. The sights were off because I had night sights installed. It's a straight shooter, precise and accurate.
  4. Welcome and good luck shooting!
  5. TSAX

Jun 5, 2010
    Welcome to GT

6. truetopath

Nov 26, 2011
    Welcome to GT from NY! Nice shooting!
  7. bubblescivic

Feb 18, 2012
    Thanks... just recently I've learned how to properly shoot a Glock and I LOVE it!
  8. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit