New guy from NW Arkansas

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by MacNobody, Jan 19, 2013.

1. I have had a Glock 23 for several years and just purchased a new Gen 3 Glock 19 yesterday. I liked the .40 until I started shooting it a lot in preparation for some training.

About me: I am in the Marine Corps Reserve, I spent four years on active duty and have been in the Reserve for over six years now and currently serve as an 0369 Infantry Unit Leader in an Anti-Tank section. I got my CHCL in the summer and have recently realized how undertrained I am to be able to fight with a pistol in a defensive situation. I started shooting a lot more and looking for training opportunities, and the snappy recoil of the .40 turned me off, so I went in search of a good 9mm. I didn't want a G19 originally because I thought I would just get a conversion barrel and make my G23 into a 9mm pistol for the training.

After reading some of the issues that others have had with the recoil spring and extractor, I decided to switch my carry gun to a factory 9mm. Along came the G19!

So far I love it, perfect size for me to conceal and I shot 150 rounds through a rental gun and really love it.

I can't wait to shoot more and start some training with it.

I am excited to be here and learn more about the weapon with you guys!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...