New guy from NE Ohio

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by NickRummy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,

New to hand guns and after quite a bit of research, shooting other guns and a lot of thinking, bought my first a few weeks ago. Gen 4 Glock 27.

Liking it so far, looking forward to browsing around and learning as much as I can.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Leupold Mark AR Mod 1.5-4x20 SPR scope bundle with mount. Pics, Ohio Gun Parts & Accessories Thursday at 3:22 PM
    Woman Convicted of Voter Fraud Honored by Ohio Democrats, of course Political Issues Sep 22, 2015
    Report cites Ohio cop's 'critical errors' in motorist death Cop Talk Sep 12, 2015
    Newbie from Ohio Introduction Forum Aug 28, 2015
    Marietta Ohio/Fort Harmar questions GSSF Aug 28, 2015

3. CanMan

Silver Member

Welcome :wavey:. Enjoy GT

4. Welcome to GT!
  5. :wavey:

Welcome to the Dark Side. We have cookies.
  6. Congrats! A gen4 27 was my first glock. I'm sure you'll love it. Biggest complaint you'll hear is probably the recoil. Get a pinky extender and you'll be good to go.
  7. Welcome! There's always room for another buckeye.
  8. Welcome to GT!
  9. Welcome neighbor
  10. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!
  11. Thanks for the welcome everyone,

A friend of mine that went with me for our CCW class borrowed a Gen 4 27 for the shooting portion. I borrowed a friends M&P 9. I shot the 27 and it felt kind of awkward but I shot it GREAT. It definitely did have some kick and with that short little grip I think that's why I thought it felt funny but it's hard to argue how well I shot it. I did a lot of reading up and nothing could steer me away from getting one.

I ended up buying a used Gen 4 27 on armslist with 40-9 Lonewolf conversion, Fobus holster, #3.5 trigger connector and XS big dot sites on it. Also has the mag with the pinky extension and makes a world of difference. Some other goodies too.

Now I just need to figure out how to get some range time.

#15 NickRummy, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  12. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

13. Welcome from NEOH as well!
  14. Welcome although I have not been officially welcomed yet!!
  15. NickRummy,

Welcome, I'm live in NE Ohio as well, come on in, sit down, kick your shoes off and make yourself right at home.

Need anything... just ask
    #19 Kentguy, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012