close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Gun

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MississipVol, May 24, 2012.

1. MississipVol

MississipVol

Apr 13, 2012
    Only a month after getting my FIRST handgun, a G4 Glock 19, I went out yesterday and got a pocket carry gun - a Ruger LC9.

I know the LC9 is on the top side of "pocket carry" but didn't want anything smaller and can't carry in my profession anyway (when I usually have on my more shallow-pockted slacks).

I went with the LC9 over the Kahr CM9 because of the option of the external safety on the LC9. As a new gun owner, I like that extra security right now but can decide not to use it down the road.

I'll be trying out that long trigger pull at the range today so I will post that later.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    The trigger pull sucks, but you can get this, it makes the LC9 much better. Galloway

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaqTBnU8ouw"]How-To: Galloway Precision LC9 Trigger-Hammer Kit - YouTube[/ame]

:50cal:

3. One of these is not like the other :)

For my carry guns, I would prefer either all thumb safeties or no thumb safeties.

Indeed, I go the no thumb safety route. For those guns, the holster is the safety.

For me, taking a gun in or out of a holster is a very big deal. Goes something like this:
    1. Assume all guns are loaded.
    2. Don't point a gun at anyone (other than obvious self-defense requirement).
    3. Keep finger off trigger until ready to fire.
    4. Know target and what the heck is behind and beyond it
    5. (Ithaca_deerslayer own rule) Keep the fricking gun holstered, and don't pull it out to fark with it, nor show it off to buddies.

Something like that :)

4. MississipVol

MississipVol

Apr 13, 2012
    I plan to use the Glock 19 as a home defense gun or car gun since its a little too big for everyday carry for me at least. Plus the thumb safety is so easy to use on the LC9 (pretty much natural sweeping motion) that I dont think it will throw me off on the other.

I defintely understand the above logic. Maybe down the road (in a few years) I will wind up trading the LC9 for something without a safety. But right now I know I will feel a lot more comfortable keeping a gun right next to my manhood with that safety and loooong trigger pull!!

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    How am I going to show off to the boys the 15-LPI front strap or the custom wooden grips then? You think that I'd actually carry a gun for self-defense? Puh-leeze...

6. cluznar

cluznar

Apr 8, 2012
    Let us know how the LC9 does at the range. Is the long trigger pull a bother to you?