close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New gun laws

Discussion in 'Volunteer Glockers' started by Tennessee Slim, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

Apr 14, 2004
    Mucus City, USA
    This just in from the NRA. I'm especially happy for HB390 because I like to cruise country roads with a varmint rifle in the passenger's seat.

On Tuesday, June 12, House Bill 390 and House Bill 716 became law.

House Bill 390, sponsored by State Representative Henry Fincher (D-42) and State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25), allows handgun carry permit holders to possess or carry a rifle or shotgun with a loaded magazine -- provided the firearm does not have a round in the chamber -- while in a private motor vehicle.

House Bill 716, sponsored by State Representative Frank Niceley (R-17) and State Senator Mae Beavers (R-17), allows any resident who has a valid handgun carry permit to possess a handgun within the boundaries of any state park. It also allows for permit holders to carry into local parks on September 1, as long as the locality does not opt-out of the law by resolution before that date. Tennessee now joins 31 other states that allow some form of state park carry.

2. myg30

myg30

Jul 6, 2007
    Nash,TN.
    Thanks for the up dates. Glad we making progress while the goings good !
    Lets see if Phil is going to screw up his career in polo-ticks ? Trying to
    play both sides !
    FWIW, I called the gal that wrote the artical in todays paper, she is young
    and a transplant, here for the past 5 yrs and of course no permit.
    More people need to call these folks that write mostly one sided stories.

Mike

3. Tennessee Slim

Apr 14, 2004
    Mucus City, USA
    I missed something. What one-sided story?

4. myg30

myg30

Jul 6, 2007
    Nash,TN.
    On the cover of todays paper in the lower right starts a story about the resturants posting no guns, then it goes to the back page 8A.
    I dont have the paper here but you cant miss it on the front !
    She spoke with some of the owners on 2nd ave or down town who are afraid of "US" shooting up the place after we get drunk,pick a fight and they worried who is going to protect them and what laws are going to save the owners from being sued ! How they gonna know who is packing ...bla.bla..bla.

Call Kate? her number is at the bottom of the page. Be nice,polite.

Mike

5. why

why

Oct 24, 2008
    Thanks for the headsup, Slim.
    Amazing the things you can accomplish once you throw out the Demonrats.

6. Tennessee Slim

Apr 14, 2004
    Mucus City, USA
    As a rule, I'm not much on Dims but I gotta give credit where credit is due. In the past few years, Democrat Doug Jackson has done more for RKBA than any legislator in Tennessee.

7. why

why

Oct 24, 2008
    :cool: Well, of course theres a difference in a Democrat and a Southern Democrat. Our gov showed which one he is and proves once again you shouldnt git above your raisin'.