New Gun Day: EAA Witness P Full Size (Pics Inside)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by JaPes, Sep 18, 2012.

1. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

I purchased an EAA Witness P full size chambered in 9 X 19 mm. It's the Tanfoglio Force, imported from Italy by EAA. It's based off the CZ75.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This has got to be the smallest factory pistol case. The EAA Witness P includes one magazine, the instruction manual, a safety lock. It also includes two cleaning brushes: polymer bristle & phosphor bronze.

[​IMG]

Back to the pistol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    .45 Witness (full size) Holsters & Related Items Dec 10, 2014
    Is Eaa witness a good gun? General Firearms Forum Jul 10, 2015
    Ex-Baltimore cop tweets about witnessing bad behavior in Dept. Political Issues Jun 24, 2015
    Pool party incident. Clarity from a thoughtful witness. Cop Talk Jun 14, 2015
    What are the benefits to G34 MOS & Deltapoint having cowitness sights ?? Sights, Optics and Lasers Jun 6, 2015

3. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

The grip texture is rough where it needs to be. First picture is the front strap. Second is the back strap. There are no interchangeable grip panels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Field stripped:

[​IMG]

A view into the frame:

[​IMG]

Slide field stripped. The metal guide rod is a plus.

[​IMG]

4. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

A view into the slide. A close up of the rear slide serration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The barrel. The locking lugs are very 1911-esque.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

The feed ramp on the EAA Witness is very steep.

[​IMG]

With a magazine & dummy round inserted, you can see the path the round takes to the chamber. It will be interesting to find out if the EAA Witness P is hollow point ammo sensitive.

[​IMG]

I can't wait until the weekend to break it in. I plan on firing a hundred factory loads and then transition to my reloads. So far it feels very good in the hand, no sloppy fit or finish. For $299, I'm not complaining.

6. 427

Nice!!

That looks like a Bul Cherokee.

7. Very interesting. Great detailed photos! How does that grip feel?

8. Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

9. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

The texture felt aggressive. Not quite as harsh as Glock RTF. Not quite as mild as Glock Gen4.

I have smaller hands, and the grip feels good. The only way I can describe it is S&W M&P full size w/small grip panel without the palm swell.

10. Kinda ugly to me. Especially the dual texture side grips. What the hell is going on there? Yech.

11. <==== looked at one of these as my 1st DA/SA... Let us know how she shoots!!

12. Berto

Berto woo woo

It's hard to tell, but are the frame rails steel? It's looks like it has a steel insert at the hammer end.

13. For 299 it looks great, I hope it runs great for you. Now they need one in 10mm for 379.

14. Congrats! I think the Witness is pretty solid. Have shot a 10mm steel frame model. Shockingly accurate.

15. I have always wanted to try one of their 10MMs.

16. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

The frame rails are steel. Hopefully this better pic will be of help:

[​IMG]

A 10mm EAA Witness is on my radar for next year. I'm done purchasing firearms this year.

17. EAA makes a find pistol! It was my first choice when I was looking for a 10mm however wound up buying the S&W 1006 because it was built for the 10mm!

I may still get one (the all steel frame) because they are solid and priced right.

Let us know how it performs at the range! :thumbsup:

18. EAA makes a good 10mm, but you got the better of the two for sure. :)

19. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Went to the range today. Between new hypertension medication & work stress, my shooting wasn't stellar. Excuses...excuses... :(

The EAA Witness P / Tanfoglio Force flawlessly cycled 300 rounds today. 100 Winchester White Box. 100 mild reloads w/frangible truncated projectiles. 50 peppy reloads w/frangible truncated projectiles. 50 peppy reloads w/Berry's 115gr copper plated.

The Witness P is definitely more than the sum of it's parts. Accuracy is spot on accurate. The deep curved & serrated trigger weren't a detriment as I thought it would be. The hybrid grip texture is grippy in all the right places.

My only other comparison to a full size is to my S&W M&P 9fs. Felt recoil with factory rounds and the "peppy" rounds out of the EAA Witness P is on par with a S&W M&P 9fs.

Using the mild handloads, the EAA witness' ejection is more positive than the S&W M&P 9fs. Using the mild loads, my M&P makes a neat pile right by my feet. The same rounds out of the Witness P are flung to the right as if they were full power loads.I perceived less muzzle flip firing the Witness P than my M&P 9fs. It made follow up shots easier.

The EAA Witness DA trigger pull isn't bad at all. The SA trigger pull is perfection.

The one observation I have is that I'm used to manipulating a traditional side that mounts over the frame rails. It gives me more slide surface area to grip it overhand and power-stroke the pistol. The Witness P has less surface area on the slide for an overhand grip & power stroke. No big deal.

Target is out to 10yds./30ft.

First target:
    [​IMG]

I wasn't concerned about accuracy. I was paying more attention the pistol's function, felt recoil impulse, and trigger.

Second target:
    [​IMG]

Pistol functioning perfectly. Now paying attention to how the trigger breaks, DA & SA.

Third target:
    [​IMG]

Paying more attention to the sights & trigger. Moving around to see where POA correlates to POI.

Fourth target:
    [​IMG]

Now I'm trying to put it all together. I'm getting frustrated because the new hypertension medication is affecting my shooting. This is my first time completely off caffeine & with this new medicine.

Fifth target:

[​IMG]

This was the best I could do today. The grouping is good, just off to the right of the bullseye. The Witness P is doing it's job exceptionally well. I'm just not holding up my end of the bargain well.

I can't believe this gun cost $299. It's definitely a bargain.

20. Congratulations on your new gun.

I just bought one today online from "Cheaper Than Dirt"

I'll get it next week - I'm looking forward to it.

I've owned EAA's before and they are great guns.

There is a steal of a price on them at CTD today - only a few left.

:cool:

#20 dondavis3, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013