close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Gun /also New but 'older leather Holster Break In?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Davers, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Davers

Davers
    Expand Collapse

sI have purchased a new G26 Gen4 , and I have had A Galco [COP] Style 3 slot leather holster ,[I believe that is the style ][blue&clear zip top package]Sorry its now in the safe & wife and son not up yet :shocked:[Christmas Morning].Sorry TMI .Anyway the holster is still new in pack but about 6,7,8 yrs old .It was fit 4 the gen 2 3 style 26 but I think it will still fit being the front& slide are much the same :upeyes::upeyes: OH NO THAT LARGER MAG RELEASE .Well I guess ill find out if the gun seats deep enough to cover the catch.....? Is there any thing I should do or use on the holster to [Break it in so to speak?]: Well I must go now family duty calls .I will be very thankful 4 any help with these 1 now maybe 2 issues EVERYONE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS& MAY GOD BLESS THIS CRAZY WORLD .Davers OUT......:faint:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Davers, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. G26S239

G26S239
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Patron

Try it instead of fretting.

3. DaneA

DaneA
    Expand Collapse

The common way to break it in is to put the unloaded gun in a thin sock and put it in the holster for a day or so. Other than that just working it in the holster will loosen it up.

4. ken grant

ken grant
    Expand Collapse

Wrap pistol in Saran or like plastic wrap, wet holster with Alcohol, insert pistol into holster and let dry.

5. fiasconva

fiasconva
    Expand Collapse

Put it in the holster and just wear it around for a while. That's the best way to break it in.

6. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse

I would be careful of Alcohol with a dyed holster. It works great with a natural leather, I have done it.

Don't know what Saddle soap would do to the dye, but it will soften it.

If you want to break it in, then use it. Mine is excellent from use. Galco 3-slot, Black). I think breaking it in with your pistol is much different, and better, than softening it.

If you spray it with water-proofing silicone spray it will get soft but maybe too soft.

7. Davers

Davers
    Expand Collapse

ok I am waaaay to anal :yawn:

8. Davers

Davers
    Expand Collapse

I will try one of these options.I thank everyone for their suggestions .

9. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg
    Expand Collapse
    BTF Inventor

Thin plastic bag for kydex, a piece of women's hosiery for leather. Keep in mind that a quality leather holster that feels perfect the first day isn't right, it takes a bit to loosen up. Remember that wearing the holster is part of that process. So, aside from deburring with a piece of hosiery or thin sock, wear it for a day, all day, sitting/standing/driving etc. It should be about right by the end of the day.

10. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I have never heard of this method. I'll have to remember it.