close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New grips on my Colt

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by ijacek, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ijacek

ijacek

Jun 21, 2008
    FL
    I bought this Colt O1991 brand new few months ago, and I love it. It is simple, no bells and whistles, just plain looking 1911. And while I have nothing against the original rosewood DD grips, I just thought that it didn't really look as good as it could.

[​IMG]

For the longest time, I couldn't decide between the LD Horned Lizards or VZ Grips Alien, finally deciding on Alien. I think the gun looks really good with those, plus I love the way the gun now feels in the hand.

[​IMG]

And before anybody asks, dealing with VZ Grips was a pleasure. Quick and painless transaction with fast shipping. Look them up if you in the market for some grips, and not just 1911's.

2. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    I love the Alien grips I have a set sitting around because I sold the gun they were on I guess I will have to buy a new gun for the grips :supergrin:

3. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    How much are the 1991s going for now?

4. ijacek

ijacek

Jun 21, 2008
    FL
    $728.00 at Bud's Gun Shop

5. Monte#2

Monte#2

Nov 12, 2009
    Midwest
    Very nice! Those grips look great on the Colt! VZ grips are hard to beat...great customer service!