Glock Talk banner

New GLOCKer from OR

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  ca survivor 
#1 ·
What's up, guys?

My name is Mike, I'm from Oregon, and you're looking at the proud new owner of a G21. I love .45s, and I was actually really close to buying a 1911, but I instantly fell in love with the G21 the second I held it in my hand. I think it's going to make a great sidearm for me when I go deer hunting this year (been noticing a big increase in the cougar population where I hunt).

This is my first GLOCK (first handgun for that matter) and I can't wait to go to the range tonight and pop off a few rounds.

Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hi mike, My name is mark I'm up in Portland. Man you landed on the perfect gun for your first handgun. Glocks are known for being one of the most reliable pistols in the world and not as widely known is the fact that they are extremely accurate and will shoot more accurately than most guns costing 2 or 3 times as much. To find out alot about glocks yes welcome to Glocktalk and I want to turn you on to a gentleman on you-tube called Hickok-45 who is a soon to retire middle school teacher that shoot a handgun at steel plates clear out to 230yards and he is the Ultimate Glock Monster. Check out his site and just go to the glock only section of video's and find the video on the glock 21. These guns are awesome. I have a 30sf which is the subcompact 45auto. Something really cool about these glocks is because of the double recoil springs you can shoot +p ammo that really steps up the energy in the 45auto. Stick with the 45 std. and 45 +p ammo until you learn about how to shoot the many other types of bullets out of your gone. You can get a fully supported chambered barrel and a stronger spring and shoot 45 super out of your gun. You can also get conversion packages to shoot 10mm, 460 rowland, and even a 50cal cartridge but learn much more before you try any of this. Actually their are some more conversions but I can't think of them all right now. So for now just stick with any 45auto std and 45 auto +p ammo and that can step you up to about 700ft lbs of energy. Look at the buffalo bore brand but stay away from the 45super in the stock gun no matter what anyone says. It has been done but its very dangerous. Also you might want to find a nice adjustable sight as the factory stock sites are plastic. If you like the configuration at least replace them with identicle steel sights. Glock does make them. Sorry to write a book but congratulations on your choice.(I was a hard core 1911 man for 30 years) and just recently switched over to glocks. I have a 26 baby glock in 9mm and the 30sf and I am so happy mainly because of the reliability factor and then for the accuracy that you are not going to believe until you see for yourself. You will then be so thankful that you made the decision to go glock and in 45auto also,(yah). Good shooting. Keep us all informed how things are shaping up we'll be waiting to here how its going for you. Goodbye for now and WELCOME! :)

#10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I went shooting last night and felt really comfortable with my new Glock. I'm loving the accuracy! Started out shooting a bit low but by the end of my session I was hitting the X pretty regularly from 20-25yds.

Glockumollie -

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate all the help and advice I can get. I watched that YouTube video of the G21...INSANE. Probably my new hero, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.