close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Glock Sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by RetDep310, Dec 7, 2012.

1. RetDep310

RetDep310

Feb 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Was at a local gunshop yesterday, and was handed a new G17 with nights sights. Front sight was a green tritium dot with an orange circle, similar to the Trijicon HD sight, and the rear sight had a horizontal orange bar, no dots. Dealer stated he believed that was the new stock sights now on the Glocks. Anybody else seen these, or know if they are the new stock sights? Just wondering...

2. Leigh

Leigh

May 22, 2000
    Eastern Kentucky
    If they were actually tritium, there is nothing "stock" about them as they add 60-70 bucks to the price tag.

3. RPVG

RPVG

Oct 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    NOT stock.

4. cfrye11

cfrye11

Nov 19, 2012
    Find new gun shop. That one is clueless . I'm willing to bet the gun is used. Shops by me do not mod new guns to put on display.

G26g4
    +1 Pierce grip
    monster back plate
    lone wolf grip plug

5. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    Not saying that I believe that they are OEM, but the cost of a night sight front and a plain rear would be about half the cost of a set of real night sights. Glock has to be aware that people often throw away their sights and that other companies are advancing their products every day. They really should do something about their sights, with luck this is an indication that they are thinking about it.

Or it could by exactly what the consensus says, a LGS with too much creativity for the good of the truth.

6. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Jan 12, 2012
    I believe what you were looking at was Ameriglo Cap sights

[​IMG]

7. Blitzo

Blitzo

Sep 17, 2006
    PA
    Handled a new G19 with pair of these at the shop today.

8. RetDep310

RetDep310

Feb 24, 2009
    Indiana
    kodiakpb: you are spot on....those are the sights on that Glock. Guess i wasn't paying attention looking at the gun and didn't realize it was a Talo edition.

And in regards to some of the other posts, the shop owner is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing/selling. Not very attentive on my part!!!!

9. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

Feb 7, 2007
    Missouri
    Where can you buy these online? Those are really cool! Never seen them before...

10. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

May 24, 2012
    Tampa,Florida
    Saw them at a new LGS 2 hours ago on a new 26. They also had 2 USA made Glocks

11. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    "Dealer stated he believed that was the new stock sights now on the Glocks. Anybody else seen these, or
    know if they are the new stock sights? Just wondering"...

Dealer should have said they were Talo edition, not new stock sights from Glock.

12. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

May 24, 2012
    Tampa,Florida

The ones I saw yesterday in a LGS were on a black 26 that was not a Talo edition

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
  14. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    If there is one gun I am not too concerned about being "used", it's a glock. Wouldn't want to pay a new price for a used one, but these keep running well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. They are using Trijicon also. I have a G19 with Trijicon front (marked H3 12) and the single horizontal bar on the rear with no marking.

16. Poor pic of the Trijicon's. These were factory.

[​IMG]

17. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah those are the same sights. Ameriglo uses Trijicon inserts.