close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New glock owner

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by WOODLIZZARD, Jan 21, 2013.

1. WOODLIZZARD

WOODLIZZARD

Jan 14, 2013
    Well bought my first glock the other day. I own many pistols but never a glock. I have been doing a lot of reading and surfing online. Main question I have is. Is it worth buying aftermarket parts and modding my glock? Dont wanna go to crazy just the basics I guess. Like extended slide lock and release, 3.5lb connector, grip force beaver tail, ss recoil spring assy. and tfo sights. Any info would be great.

G21C
    uploadfromtaptalk1358747064695.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2. GLJones

GLJones

May 16, 2000
    Orlando, Florida
    I would suggest going to a gun show or dealer that has a Glock Armorer and see them. If you have trouble with the slide lock, get the extended. If you are getting bitten by the slide, check out the beaver tail. I don't recommend the 3.5lb connector changing the recoil spring until you get used to the gun. If you plan on using it for concealed carry, I don't recommend the 3.5lb at all. I do recommend some steel or night sights for a self-defense gun. Night sights are great for a nightstand gun.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  4. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisiana
    Extended slide release, sights, and maybe, MAYBE the ss guide rod, but dont expect much out of the guide rod other than it being more durable.
    I tried the 3.5 connector and after shooting Glocks for a while I prefer the stock connector, the trigger weight is just right if you shoot from reset. (IN MY OPINION)

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    try shooting it before you improve it to the point it won't work.

6. caponec2

caponec2

Apr 27, 2007
    if it needed all that stuff... it would come that way

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl:

I agree there seems to be some statistical evidence that Glocks are more reliable with Glock OEM parts.

8. sioux565

sioux565

Nov 1, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Shoot the gun first before you start changing it.

9. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    AMEN! Glocks are unlike other guns...just shoot 'em.

10. onearmsteve

onearmsteve

Jan 15, 2013
    south carolina
    i love customizing, make it your own and do what you want. but tfo are a must !!!!!!

11. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    I am personally not capable of knowing what modifications a pistol needs until I have shot it for a while. I am obviously deficient in mental capacity, though, since there are so many people who can prescribe the necessary modifications for shooters they have never met.

12. WOODLIZZARD

WOODLIZZARD

Jan 14, 2013
    Thanks for the info fellas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2