New Glock owner, United States Sailor

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by DougDumont, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hooyah!

Hello, my name is Doug. I Just purchased my first gun and, after considerable research, decided Glock was the only way to go. I'm going through my background checks at the moment and dear lord I cannot think of anything else but holding my gun. I ended up purchasing a Gen 4 Glock 22 after debating between the 21, 22, an 23. Somewhat related note: I saw the military support section here and Id like to say how proud I am knowing that there are current and past servicemen here on GT. Im currently an MA3 with 5 years in, now working off my second command. I was stationed in Naples, Italy from '08-'12 and from then 'til now in Bangor, Washington (state). Looking forward to my new gun and e-family. Semper Fortis ladies and gents.

-Doug

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    New member and Glock owner in CO Introduction Forum Jul 14, 2015
    New Glock 30S owner General Glocking Jun 6, 2015
    Any GlockTalk commemorative knife owners left? The Okie Corral Jun 4, 2015
    New Glock 17 & 19 Owner! I'm on a ROLLLLL! General Glocking May 31, 2015
    questions for Glock 30 gen 4 and G30S owners General Glocking May 24, 2015

3. Welcome brethren. Enjoy your 22 when you get it. Switch the sights out too ;)

4. Welcome :)

Can't go wrong with a Glock!

5. Sights will be the first thing to go. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like the stock ones.

6. RoughTexturedTrav

RoughTexturedTrav Spenser4Hire

Get off your rackmate and follow me

7. Yeah, I see so many people stick with those crap sights. They don't know what they're missing. Out of curiousity, which sights do you plan on getting?

8. Welcome to the forum!

9. :welcome: Enjoy GT....................

10. Honestly Im not sure yet. My buddy recommended some Trijicon ones that I kinda liked, I might look at those a bit more.

11. Welcome Doug. Spent a few years in Bangor myself attached to SDS 5. Enjoy the area and the new pistol!

MMC(SS) Retired

Sent from my rotary dial phone

12. I can't stand this place! Haha. I can't wait to get my 22... And reading the forums isn't making the wait feel any shorter :p Thanks chief!

13. Python-Hunter

Python-Hunter NRA Life Member

Welcome to GT from Illinois!

14. Welcome to the forums!

15. I forgot, its still rainy/dreary season there! It gets better. There's lots to do. I lived in Port Orchard. Pretty much anything was easily within a couple hour drive. Hiking, camping, skiing, the ocean, the lake. Excellent hunting too!

Plan on staying in or getting out? Where do you want to go next?

16. Port Orchard is nice, that's where my wife used to live.

I've got 38 days until my contract is expired (including 60 days terminal) and then Im calling it quits. The USN isn't what Id expected it to be when I enlisted and although I've had some great times with amazing friends, I think it's time to find another career path.

17. Good luck in the future. No harm in getting out if you don't like it. Never tried to talk anyone in to staying in even after I made Chief. It's their decision, I just gave advice when asked, what they did with it was up to them. Have you started looking for a job?

#18 mknpwr, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  18. Yea, Ive already got a couple lined up actually. That was the one thing I did before deciding if I wanted to get out, was have another job set up.

19. Welcome, from another former USN brother. East coaster myself, Groton & K. Bay. MM3(SS) A gang type