close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Glock Owner From La

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by glock2240sw1, Jun 12, 2012.

1. glock2240sw1

glock2240sw1

Jun 10, 2012
    Hey guys I am a newb to the glock world. Up until now my jericho 941 was my weapon of choice.(which i still have and love) Not that it needed to be replaced, I've just heard so much about the reliability of glocks and effectiveness of the 40 s&W round thought i would try it out. If anyone could point me in the direction of must have mods if any on a gen 3 glock 22 it would be most appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    Welcome from a LA expat. My advice to those new to the platform is always to run it stock for several hundred rounds, then decide what you need. I think the primary consideration might be sights.

3. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
  4. glock2240sw1

glock2240sw1

Jun 10, 2012
    Thanks all. Will be putting 1000 rounds through this weekend.

5. jph02

jph02

Jun 10, 2012
    Michigan
    :welcome:
    Not that I'm an expert, but I'd wait until after a few different trips to the range as well.

6. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Welcome to GT

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. TangoCharlie145

TangoCharlie145

Jul 31, 2009
    Louisiana
    Welcome from a fellow Louisianaian! GT has a wealth of information on the Glock platform. My advice to you is read as much as possible and learn to distinguish good info form internet hype. Also, TRAINING is a must. Get some training with your firearm. There are a lot of people willing to spend time with a new shooter. Also, there is a LA based website, www.bayoushooter.com that also has a lot of information and local training opportunitues.
    Good luck to you.
    TC

8. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Hey, do you happen to know old Boudreau and Thibodaux from down dere in Catahoula parish?