New Glock Owner from Georgia

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by RazorTM, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Hi all, I just picked up a used Glock 22C with tritium night sights and 3 magazines for home defense. This is the first pistol I've ever owned, but not the first I've ever fired. This is my last week on active duty in the Marine Corps, finishing out 9 years of service, and I have shot expert at the pistol range for the last 4 years that I was in, using the Beretta M9. Luckily, though, I've never had to use a pistol in combat or self defense, and I hope that I never have to do so. Anyways, I look forward to chatting with you guys, learning more and more about Glocks and other things, and I will do my part to give to the community when I can. Thanks for reading!

Here she is:
    [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/razortm/7585187858/in/photostream"]Glock 22c | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

-Tim

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 RazorTM, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Any high round count Gen4 Glock 19 owners here? General Glocking Saturday at 11:12 AM
    Another AZ Glock owner Introduction Forum Aug 16, 2015
    AZ Glock Owner Introduction Forum Aug 15, 2015
    I'm not a Glock owner, but I play one on TV! General Firearms Forum Aug 11, 2015
    New Glock owner from Texas Introduction Forum Aug 1, 2015

3. Welcome.
    and thank you for your service.

4. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

Welcome from Florida.

5. Welcome to GT!

6. :Welcome:

Thanks for your service. You're practically halfway to earning retired pay and benefits. If you're sure you don't want to stay on active duty, I'd encourage you to look into the reserves. It's a great way to continue your career and continue to serve.

I've got a g22 gen 4 and love it. I hope you enjoy yours just as much.

7. Thanks for your service *salutes* Hope u don't have to use your gun in defense at night. The extra muzzle flash wouldn't be good... But, hey what do I know... U've toted a SAW M-249 around... Now that's MUZZLE FLAAAAASH!:tongueout:

8. Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I'm going into the FAA as an air traffic controller soon, so I'm just going to buy back my time so that it still counts toward my government retirement. My wife lost half of her eyesight due to what I believe to be malpractice at a military hospital, so I really need to be there for my family as much as possible. I don't need the drill weekends, and especially the (admittedly small) possibility of being activated and being away for an extended period of time. I appreciate your concern, though.

9. Yeah, I'm aware of that problem. Luckily, the muzzle flash happens after I put my sights on the target and pull the trigger the first time. I'm not sure what happens after that, but being the guy without a bullet in his body hopefully puts me at an advantage :supergrin:

10. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Welcome to the club. Or forum. Or whatever it is...plenty of info and people to learn from here....

Cheers! And enjoy your new Glock!

11. Totally understand. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's eyesight.

You can always look at getting back in at some future point if it works out in your family situation. Just so you know, buying back your time and military retired pay are not completely mutually exclusive (years of service still count, for example).

I would never sell you 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks Annual Training. I'm National Guard and I've got buds who are on their 4th and 5th year-long deployments. Its definitely more than a part-time job. With that in mind, not that my opinion matters, but I'd agree now is not the time for reserves for ya. Besides, you've already done way more than the 99%. :)

12. Welcome. Where in GA are you?

13. jdl2

Welcome!
    Jim L. (NY)

14. Right now, Carrollton. That will change once I'm in the FAA. Not sure where I'll go yet...

15. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

16. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!