close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Glock Owner - Florida

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by iDivideByZero, Mar 22, 2012.

1. iDivideByZero

iDivideByZero Padawan

Mar 22, 2012
    Blacksburg, VA
    Hi, I just bought my first Glock. I bought a blue label G26 Gen 4 about a month ago. I've put about 400 rounds through it, and it's been a real joy to shoot so far. I bought it mainly for conceal carry purposes, but since it is my only firearm it also serves as home defense. This seems like a pretty good place to start learning more about this pistol, thanks!

2. Osborne

Osborne

Jan 3, 2012
    Kentucky
    Welcome !! I doubt it will be your first firearm for too long :supergrin:

3. iDivideByZero

iDivideByZero Padawan

Mar 22, 2012
    Blacksburg, VA
    It's not my first firearm. Just my only that I have with me here in FL ;). I guess I could have been more clear about that, sorry for the confusion.

I guess I could give some of my background too.

I was a medic in the Army for four years with the 101st, and now I'm studying mechanical engineering and about to graduate with my BS. I miss the cheap outdoor ranges of TN/KY a lot. The indoor ranges here in FL in my area are twice as much, and I don't really care too much for the lighting or the target mounts. I plan to go on to graduate school up in Virginia in the fall, and I'm looking forward to cheap outdoor ranges again :).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    Great little Glock! Congrats and welcome to GT.