close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Glock old serial number

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Special Reserve, Jan 13, 2013.

1. I just received a replacement G27 from Glock about a week ago. I sent mine in to Glock and they determined it would cost more to fix than replace. They offered a refurbished one or a new one. I took the new one. However I just noticed the prefix is NCR. I looked up that serial number and it was produced March 2009. The test casings included with the gun are dated 10-16-12. So Glock had this gun in stock from March of 2009 but just test fired it in Oct 2012? Or did I get a refurbished gun when I was supposed to get a new one?

2. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    I don't know, but I read that Glock puts the copper anti-seize in, to make sure the gun works after several years, in storage.

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
  4. Looks brand new. One mag has #9 follower, the other #8. There is a little bit of the copper grease on the slide but Glock put my night sites from the old gun on so I could see some of that getting rubbed off.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. HGxyz

HGxyz

Apr 12, 2010
    Washington State
    You probably got a pretty good deal. Personally, I like the blacker finish on that era of guns, which are also known to have the reliability of a Glock.

6. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    It's obvious that at least 1 mag follower is new. I don't think changing sights would mess up the copper grease. Some guns barely have any and others are loaded with that anti-seize. Probably nothing to worry about, if it works right.

If there are no semi-circular marks, on the front of the barrel, it hasn't been shot appreciably.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. The one I sent in was from 2007. I've bought several of the newer ones and they are not as black. I've got a G29sf from June of 2011 that is definitely some sort of flat dark gray. This one is black as black can be.

8. They charged my for a new one. The refurbished was $50 less. For $50 I'd rather have brand new. I guess I will have to call them tomorrow.

9. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    I have noticed that the Glocks have come with at least 3 different colors, of finish. IMPO, the ones with a sort of slick, hard finish don't show scrapes as bad. I have seen different finishes being used within the same time frame, even. You couldn't be sure, which one you may end up with. The Tenifer is under the black/gray or whatever.

10. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    I wouldn't mind either way. If it looks good, and its reliable Id be happy.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    If it looks new and still has the copper anti-sieze on it, coupled with the darker finish and potentially being from the "reliable" era, I wouldn't worry about it.

12. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
  13. intenseneal

intenseneal

Jan 10, 2013
    One of the reasons I got a Gen 2 is the reliability.

14. clarkz71

clarkz71

Aug 24, 2012
    South Florida
    Same here, wanted a G19 without BTF, found a nice gen2

15. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    Did your new gun have the same serial # as your old gun?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  16. Talked to glock today. They said new gun, old stock.

Good enough for me.

17. billybadd

billybadd

Jan 4, 2013
    What he said ^^^