New Glock Magazine Failure

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by flightmedic91, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Hey folks…just looking for some opinions here. I apologize in advance if this has been covered already, I did not find it in a topic search. Basically purchased a new Glock 20 Gen 4. Had several failures to eject (new gun, first time shooting pistol, proper lubrication and positive no limp-wristing)…so one of my mags just appears odd. The follower seems to not progress smoothly through the magazine body, and is especially noticeable when manually depressing the follower against the spring. The other mags I have for the gun seems to "flow" more fluidly.

So with the reliability of the Glock, has anyone else ever got a bum mag new straight from the box?

2. It happens. Reason people label their mags. If you get failures and it is always the same mag then you know.

3. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

Disassemble mag and look for debris or plastic flashing that could be binding up the follower. If nothing obvious mark mags so you definitively can pick out the bad one and contact Glock for a replacement.

4. 5 or 6 brand new G21 mags at my LGS were bad. Got one home, and could load only 8 or 9 rounds (out of 13). Took it back, along with some ammo, and found that all the rest G21 mags he had in stock were defective, too. I think the owner sent them back to the distributor.

So it happens. All of my G20 mags, were, fortunately, just fine. I had 4 G21 mags already, so I wasn't all that upset. I haven't heard of mag problems with Glocks very often, but nothing is impossible.

AK

5. I continue to believe the idea of numbering each magazine has merit for isolating problems.