Glock Talk banner

New glock 23 gen 4

Tags
gen 4
3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  kellykito 
#1 ·
So i'm picking up my first Glock today. I'm picking up and Glock 23 Gen 4 and I am like a little kid in a candy shop over it. Already thinking of putting night sights on it and also a tactical light on the rail.

A couple questions, What night sights would you guys recommend and also what tactical light? I'm not really interested in the lasers. I'm just wanting the light. As always thanks for the advise.:wavey:

#2 · (Edited)
I've used Meprolight, Trijicon, and since last year, Glock night sights on my Glocks. I don't recognize any substantive difference of these installed sights. Now I prefer the Glock night sights since they are reasonably priced and are "Glock".

I rejected any Glock tactical light (GTL) because it uses an incandescent 60 lumen bulb that requires a lot of battery power (two CR123). The GTLS are also rather large. I prefer the Streamlight TLR-4 light/red laser that uses an efficient 110 lumen LED bulb, requires only one small battery (CR2), and is much smaller than the GTLs. It is also much less expensive. I strongly recommend getting a combined light/laser unit, not just one or the other. But the TLR-3 is the TLR-4 without laser.

#3 ·
I am not totally against lasers just have never really used them. I had a Springfield Armory XD just before my glock now and used a tactical light and loved. Bad thing is I was stupid and sold it with my XD with the intention of getting a new one.

May I ask why you strongly recommend a light / laser combo? I understand that the laser is just easier and you can see right away on where you are aimed in the dark and everything but I was curious if there was another reason behind it.

#6 ·
May I ask why you strongly recommend a light / laser combo? I understand that the laser is just easier and you can see right away on where you are aimed in the dark and everything but I was curious if there was another reason behind it.
The laser can be extremely useful, especially in low light, even if you have night sights. The laser addition increases the size, weight, power consumption and expense of a light very negligibly for the function that its availability serves.

#7 · (Edited)
Congrats on the 23! It's a very nice gun. I like the Streamlight TLR-2s light, it comes with strobe function and laser. It can be had for $244 and free shipping on amazon.
The TLR-1 is also a great choice but has no laser. Both come with very strong, long lasting and efficient C4 LED bulbs. Not cheap but well worth the money.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69230-Strobing-Tactical-Locating/dp/B0037AHXR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363713634&sr=8-1&keywords=streamlight+tlr+2s"]Streamlight 69230 TLR-2s Rail Mounted Strobing Tactical Light with Laser Sight and Rail Locating Keys - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pvVPfCwDL.@@AMEPARAM@@31pvVPfCwDL[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69110-Mounted-Weapon-Flashlight/dp/B000JWD16E/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1363713807&sr=1-1&keywords=streamlight+tlr+1"]Streamlight 69110 TLR-1 C4 LED Rail Mounted Weapon Flashlight, Black - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41q1flEzN5L.@@AMEPARAM@@41q1flEzN5L[/ame]

#10 ·
Congrats on a really nice gun a just had a set of Truglo TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic) put on my Gen 4 23 and I highly recommend them, they glow bright in both night and day.

On my 23 the front site is green and rear yellow, I have a G30 that has TFO's front green rear green and I definitely prefer the green/yellow. In darkness it is easier to quickly put the green front site on target faster because it is slightly brighter than the yellow, in the dark it's also a little more obvious which dot is the front site because well it is the only green one.

http://www.truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;PRODUCTS_NO_TREE?cat=30500?company=TGI

#16 ·
Thanks for the reply's everyone. Sorry I haven't been on for a couple days. I've been pre occupied with the new G23 gen 4. So far I LOVE it had a little trouble finding ammo but was able to go to a little gun shop in a small town close to where I live. I picked up 400 rounds of target shots and 100 rounds of hollow point self defense ammo. So at least i'll be good for going to the range at least once HAHA. Anyway i'm very pleased with the weapon and can't wait to shoot it!!!!!

#17 ·
I have Ameriglo Ghost Ring nights sights on my G21 Gen 4 and really like it. With my bad eyes the ring helps getting on target faster. I also bought a tactical light/laser combo off Ebay for $78 shipped. I have to say that I am very impressed with it. 200 lumen led light with a green strobing laser...pretty cool. It's all machined aluminum and clamps on the rail tight. I can remove it and reinstall and the laser is still dead on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.