close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Glock 22 owner carry questions

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CUHCS13, May 31, 2011.

1. CUHCS13

CUHCS13

May 19, 2011
    I just picked out a Glock 22 for my 20th birthday present and had some questions about carrying it in my car. I live in South Carolina and can't seem to find all my questions. Where exactly can I have it in the car, and can I have a loaded magazine in it or does the mag need to be outside the gun?

2. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    My first question is how did you buy it being only 20? I thought federal law states you must be 21 to purchase a pistol.

As for South Carolina, no clue. There is a forum for your state and you should be able to find the answers there. It might already be answered just look back at the beginning to see. That said, someone in your state should be along shortly to answer it as well.

In Texas all it needs to be is placed out of sight. It can be loaded as well.

3. CUHCS13

CUHCS13

May 19, 2011
    My dad bought it. In South Carolina, an 18 year old can possess a handgun, just cannot purchase it.

4. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member Silver Member

5. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Ahh, ok. Thanks. Since I was in my 30s when I bought my G22 I didn't know about that.

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    In most states an 18 year old can purchase a handgun, just not from an FFL.

Just being picky, your father bought that for you for a gift, right? That would be legal.

7. CUHCS13

CUHCS13

May 19, 2011
    Yes, it is under his name and was given to me as a birthday present.

8. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

Apr 30, 2005
    Chapin,S.C.
    to answere your question, you may carry your firearm in an enclosed compartment; glovebox or center console and loaded.

9. Some good info here.

10. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    I would also recommend a good NRA-certified pistol safety class.