Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New Glock 20

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by adamsoa, Nov 30, 2012.

1. pasky2112

pasky2112 Senior Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Brevard, FL
    I don't own a Glock that doesn't have a KKM bbl for it. Great chambers, drop in fit, accurate, IMO stronger (but that's subjective). They even seem to clean up more easily from fouling. When I got my G20 Gen3, I shot some UW 180g XTP's that cases bulged to the point I wouldn't reload them. I bought a KKM 4.6" and shot the same loads out of the same box and no bulges. They reloaded fine, as well. So that was good enough for me and why i always recommend them... esp when you shoot lead or hot/max loads. Congrats on your G20 Gen4, BTW!
  2. Jay/g20

Dec 27, 2011
    Thanks JimIsland, for the last hour now I've been checking out the XS Sights.....interesting!
    Man what a selling point to have all the necessary equipment in the package for installation.
    I'm not going to let you off easy just a question or 2 from someone that uses this product.
    1.) Are they rugged....steel or plastic front sight?
    2.) As practice and just to keep the edge. I start off at 65 yrds. and walk or run & gun up to 10 yrds., run ,walk ,stop,steady, and shoot. Shooting at a 10" round AR500 steel plate, will this sight obscure the target at long range. I guess a better way to ask the question. Can you hit a milk jug sized target at 50 yrds or further? I'm not being a smart-A-- , I would just like to know the limits of the sight.
    I want to thank-you again for your time and help.

3. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    I run XS big dots on my g20sf, and the fact that they came with everytjing I needed to install them myself is what pushed me over the edge of buying them. They are metal, not sure if they are steel or aluminum, I wanna say steel. The front sight is big, so yes it will cover more of the target than other sights at distance. You can still be accurate with it though. Keep in mind that big dots arent for longer distance shooting, 25 yards and in mostly. There is a video on youtube of james yeager hitting targets at 100 yards. So Im not saying it cant be done, just that they excel at closer distances. You pull your gun and put it in front of your face to aim in a high stress situation, and all you have to do is put that nice big white dot on target and pull the trigger, and youre going to hit what youre aiming at. To answer your question though, I regularly hit soup cans at 25 yards without missing. So to extrapolate, I would say yes, hitting milk jugs at fifty should be pretty easy!
    BTW, expired soup in cans is an awesome target for 10mm! They explode as though there was C4 on the inside of the can!
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Jay, Arushus knows the 10mm platform well and he's the one that turned me on to them. Personally, I have never shot with mine out past 25 yards but at that distance I have no issues. The Big Dot will cover up your target center out far but with some practice I can group them up pretty good. Everyone is different but I hardly use the rear sight and pretty much put that Big Dot on what I'm aiming at and shoot. Usually ends up were it's suppose to!! Also, I have probably put a couple thousand rounds since adding the XS sights and they are fine.