close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock 19 Gen 3 with Dipped Extractor

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jmill88, Feb 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jmill88

jmill88
    Expand Collapse

Just purchased a new Gen 3 G19 with serial number starting with UE and fire date of 1-18-13. It has the 336 ejector and looks to have a dipped extractor. Haven't put rounds through it yet, so don't know how it will perform. I just assumed they would be putting the newer ejector and non dipped extractor in them now. Anybody else pick up a Gen 3 lately and check this?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. WayneJessie

WayneJessie
    Expand Collapse

I got one a few weeks ago that is the same.

3. jmill88

jmill88
    Expand Collapse

Have you shot it yet? What is the ejection like?

4. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry
    Expand Collapse

I can attest that the new non dip extractors can cause back to face too (born on date Aug, 2012, but fitting fixed mine), so I think it's just fine if Glock is using dipped again. I think it's extractor tolerances where this issue is or was.

5. WayneJessie

WayneJessie
    Expand Collapse

I ran a total of 15 rounds through it(one mag). It's now up for sale in the classifieds. I have four 9MM compact handguns and ammo is non-existant here. You can find .40SW pretty easy though so I am selling the G19 to fund a .40SW or .45ACP so I can have something to shoot My 9MM guns are not much more than paper-weights right now. When this crisis is over I vow to never get caught with my pants down on ammo supply again. Looking into reloading as an option. Several neighbors are long-time reloaders so they could teach/coach me . I can't help you on how well the ejection is. 15 rounds in a new gun ain't enough to say.

6. chrisbroz

chrisbroz
    Expand Collapse

I noticed the extractor on my new Gen 3 G30 has a very prominent 'loaded chamber' indicator - quite different than the one on my G21 (2nd Gen???). just checked my G35 (Gen 3 also and it has the same style extractor) is this an upgrade that Glock Armorer will do for free on my G21 or is it something I need to buy??? Changing an extractor is a simple thing to do...

CB in FL

7. chodgdon

chodgdon
    Expand Collapse

Just picked up a g34, dated 1/13. It had the 336 ejector and dipped extractor. I had a 30724 ejector and put it in before I even fired it. Went to range yesterday and got weak extraction. I had a non dipped lci extractor put it in and there was a huge improvement. So that is what I am running now.

8. pat701

pat701
    Expand Collapse

Nobody should have to make modifications to a NIB firearm of any brand. Maybe i am old school to expect a NIB firearm to function properly!!!!:crying::steamed:

9. Pepiot

Pepiot
    Expand Collapse

I am sick of this ****. Shoot it i like a man and you will be good to go.

10. banddr2

banddr2
    Expand Collapse

Amen Brother. I've been hitting Walmart at 5am with limited success.

11. jmill88

jmill88
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, because you are the only person on this sight that knows how to shoot. Give me a break!

12. BMiracletx

BMiracletx
    Expand Collapse

I have plenty with dipped extractors and they shoot fine.

Why dont you just get a new extractor and ejector, order a 40S&W barrel, and call it a day? Then you can shoot 40 now, and convert back to 9mm when the supply comes back.