Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

New girl with G26 gen 4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RD928, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

Jul 12, 2011
    The O-ring thing didn't work for me. I tried several different types, but none was just right not to cause mag loading issues and prevent the pinching. Also O-rings like to ride up the mag for some reason.
    What worked for me was ditching the extension all together, and adding the medium back-strap. Different back-straps will change the position of your fingers slightly, so before spending a lot of money just experiment with different straps and see if one of them cures your problem. Also make a conscious effort to keep your finger off the gap.
    I would suggest shooting and/or carrying without the extensions, but if you absolutely must have something then I recommend a G19 mag (good luck finding one now though) and the X-grip. I have one of these setups and it makes a nice full grip with the extra 15 round capacity. Very comfortable, but your back to a full G19 grip.
    Congrats on the G26!
  2. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    Congrats on the fine choice.

3. marcoh

marcoh NRA Life Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Sonoran Desert
    I put the extended slide stop, extended slide lock, and Meprolight night sights on all my Glocks.
  4. colin1230

Jul 2, 2012
    Kansas City
    No extensions for me, I like my pinky tucked under. What made a big differece in my grip was the addition of Talon granular grips.
  5. Photoman642

Jul 22, 2010
    After trying just about everything, I settled on the GAP floorplates for the G26 I used to have.