close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New girl with G26 gen 4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RD928, Jan 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Congrats, you made a great choice in the G26. I use the factory extended slide stop for 10 years and its still running great. The GAP floor plates are also a good addition. For sights............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFeyrHoPBw&feature=endscreen"]XS Sights on Popular Conceal Carry Pistols - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nUWOZ4kBGgA

:50cal:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

3. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    Welcome to GT.:wavey:

You'll love the 26. It's a sweetheart.

4. onearmsteve

onearmsteve

Jan 15, 2013
    south carolina
    i have a G26 and love it i bought the pearce extensions but took them off once i got use to it i perfer no extension and tru-glo TFO are the way to go they look the same in the day light and at night

5. This is the one I have.

I sometimes teach newbie women with it, and they've never mentioned a pinch, and they seem to like the 26 with that particular extension. I use it some, no pinch, but also prefer to carry without an extention, and just curl my pinky under.

In general with guns and mags, sometimes a mag fits tight to the bottom of a gun, sometimes the mag fits loose. All my Glocks seem to fit fairly tight or snug, not loose. But if the fit was loose, maybe that creates the opportunity for a pinch.

6. I have a G27 and use the GAP floor plates on the mags. They don't provide a pinky rest but are great for added control.

7. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
  8. RD928

RD928

Jan 28, 2013
    Awesome, thanks for all the advice! I will def look into it

9. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    16S DE 680 928
    Congratulations! I love my G26. As far as the pinching with the mag extension... go to Lowe's or Home Depot and tell them you need small black O rings. Put the O ringall the way down the outside of the mag and make it flush to the top of the extenstion. Should fix the problem. As far as mods... all I did was add the Pearce +1 extension... put a grip plug in the bottom of the pistol grip... and I changed out my slide cover plate with an aircraft grade aluminum one with a custom emblen on it. I thought about tritium sights too, but just haven't done it. My G26 is my EDC gun. You'll love it! :wavey:

10. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    That o-ring idea is pretty clever- well done.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
  12. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Enjoy your new G26. I continue to believe that it is about Glock's best effort. I have Big Dots on one and Truglo TFOs on another and like each set but I suspect sight preference varies alot from one person to the next.

13. JBS

JBS

Apr 4, 2012
    TX
    #17 O-ring form hardware store around the magazine body will fill the gap and prevent finger pinch.

14. dgriffith11

dgriffith11

Jan 6, 2013
    I'm with you on the pinch -- thought it was just a girl thing.
    Got the o-ring at Home Depot, now there's no problem. Love my new G26. Pierce extension is nice too. Might get a couple more.

15. A Regular Joe

A Regular Joe

Oct 9, 2011
    Columbus, GA
    Welcome to the forum! Try the GAP baseplates, they work really well on the subcompacts. The O ring is a #17 and can usually be found in the plumbing section where the washers for faucets are located. They are cheap too!

16. bobcatseger

bobcatseger

Nov 27, 2011
    Peoria, IL
    I also just put a Glock 26 Gen4 on layaway today. I doubt if it is there long because I am not very patient when it comes to something new. Thought I better pick it up while it was right there in stock, after the way all guns are flying off the shelves right now. This will be my first concealed carry size(compact gun).........already have ordered the Scherer Mag Grip extensions....