close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New girl with G26 gen 4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RD928, Jan 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RD928

RD928

Jan 28, 2013
    Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum and just picked up a Glock 26 afew days ago. I had an XD40 for about 2 years and just never felt extremely confident with it. I could hit the target just fine but could never get a tight group. Picked up my buddy's Glock 34 and pretty much shot 5 rounds through the same hole! lol Needless to say I am proud to switch and say bye bye to my XD!

Haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it yet but I did rent one from the gun shop and put 50 rounds through it. It had an extended mag +0 for extra grip and if I wasn't careful where I put my pinky finger, I got pinched where the mag meets the grip. Are there any other extenders that dont pinch? I would like to get some tritium sights on it at some point after I've put acouple hundred rounds thru it. Also are there any mods/upgrades you guys have tried and like?

2. glockgt

glockgt

Nov 16, 2007
    Guatemala
    Congrats on your 26!!! Enjoy it and welcome to Glocktalk!!

:wavey::wavey:

3. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Aug 3, 2012
    Abilene, TX
    Congrats! About the only thing I would suggest is the extended slide stop. I have the GLock factory night sights and mine and they work great!

4. John Biltz

John Biltz

Jul 27, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Different extensions on the grip will pinch different people, everyone's hands are different. Personally, I go with no extension or a +2 factory Glock magazine.

5. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    Congrats OP! I agree with the above quote- extended slide stop is a must lol.

I think nights sights are always a good idea as well.

I like grip plugs as well. It mostly cosmetic but if you ever EDC your 26 I think it's a really good idea.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  6. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    Welcome! I use the GLOCK factory + extender on my G27 and works perfectly.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. wacopolumbo

wacopolumbo

Jul 19, 2003
    Yorktown, VA
    Welcome! The Glock 26 is a great choice for an EDC. After trying a bunch of different mag bottoms on my baby Glocks, I have settled on the GAP floorplates for my mags. It really helps with drawing and keeping a hold of the baby Glock when firing. Aside from that, I like nightsights. I am getting older, so I like the Ameriglo Proglo front sight with really anything for the rear sights, as long as I can find the front sight, I am usually okay :). The plug in the bottom of the backstrap is not needed, but for less than $10, it's doesn't cost too much.

Again, welcome to the forum and welcome to Glock!

8. pmer

pmer

Dec 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    Welcome from another newcomer. I just put 20 shots through a new gen 3 G26 today. Mine is bone stock from muzzle to magazine and it will probally stay that way. No pinching with my pinky curled under the magazine.

9. sharp

sharp

Jan 12, 2005
    Congrats and welcome to GT! I also vote no extension!

10. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

Feb 27, 2007
    ...in the neighborhood.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  11. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    Congrats on the new G26 and welcome to GlockTalk....:wavey:

12. spartanranger

spartanranger

Apr 14, 2010
    If you're new to Glocks I would stay away from the extended slide stop. If you have your hands high on the grip like you're supposed to, you can accidently lock the slide back on a full mag while shooting. I have done it more than a couple times myself. A G26 is for serious concealed use not a target gun in my opinion. Stick with the factory stop.

Trijicon HD night sights are excellent combat sights. I prefer the yellow ringed front sight. For quick shots, you'll hear the phrase "front sight, press". For quick snap shots, these sights are the best. Its what I carry on duty and a bunch of others have switched to them.

Have someone you trust do a .25 cent trigger job on it. Glock triggers are rough but with a little care they are sweet.

Past that you are good to go, I have tried every aftermarket toy out there and I keep going back to this setup.

Enjoy! And welcome to the forum!

13. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Welcome and congrats! :)

I have one of these for my Gen4 G26,

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-26

Haven't experienced any pinching from it but have only run a couple mags through.

Will be adding the Tango Down Vickers extended slide stop too,

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0057IO0QA/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1"]Tango Down Vickers Tactical Glock Slide Stop, Black:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Will also be getting a pack of these,

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

The GAP plates from the link above seem to be a "must have" among the sub-compact owners here.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  14. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
  15. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Jul 28, 2012

I have a rubber ring around my G26 mags. Works fine.
    Also....just fyi....if you get a G19 you will likely not have that pinky pinch.
    Check it out next time you're at the range. Most have them ready to rent.

Other mods?
    Extended slide release is about all you probably need but some like the extended take-down lever, metal guide rod and spring, trigger jobs, night sights, after market barrels the list goes on and on. There isn't an inch on a Glock that you can't customize.

16. spartanranger

spartanranger

Apr 14, 2010

I had one of the vickers slide stops and it was horrible. Fortunately I was able to return it for a full refund.

The bottom of the slide stop that is curved in towards the frame was actually dragging against the frame. The hole for the pin was too small and caused a lot of friction. It would hang up on me all the time and was not smooth at all.

Not saying all the extensions are bad, but I wish I had not bought that vickers. Just a heads up.

17. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Thanks for heads up.

Most people seem to prefer them over the OEM extended slide stop. I have the OEM one on my G19 and really like it. If I have any trouble like you had, I'll definitely switch for the OEM.