close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Gen 4 Ejector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HCL3, Sep 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. HCL3

HCL3

Oct 16, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I took my G19 4th gen back to Glock yesterday afternoon because of the stovepiping issues that everyone seems to have with these guns. My gun already had the newest recoil spring assembly but still had these problems. When I picked it up this morning I was told that they had installed a new ejector assembly and that my gun was the first in the US to get it. Hopefully this is the fix we've been waiting for on the Gen 4 guns. The part is numbered "30274". I'll post some pics when I get home.

2. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh. That's interesting. If you have another 9mm gun it would be interesting to see a comparison of the two ejectors.

3. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    Yes please post pictures of the new extractor. Does it still have the dip on the top of it?

4. HCL3

HCL3

Oct 16, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    It's a new ejector, not a new extractor. I'll post some pics later this afternoon

5. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    Ya I read it wrong.

Just got off the phone with Glock warranty dept. the guy I talked to said yes there is a new ejector assembly but as of now they are not sending them out. he said the warranty dept. manger was out of town until Monday and they have to decide what they're going to do. He said I might have to send the whole gun in to have it replaced. I hope not.. I live about 3 hours from the Smyrna, GA. factory, I think I see a road trip in the near future.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  6. Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  7. Turbo810

Turbo810

Sep 3, 2011
    Willowick, Ohio
    Thanks for the info.

8. Quite a bit different:

[​IMG]

9. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Is it bend only or is the length different? Did they indicate exactly which models the replacement is intended for? Thanks for the info.

10. Swatieson

Swatieson

Jan 8, 2011
    No more cases hitting my forehead? Good news.

Thanks.

11. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

May 1, 2004
    Iowa
    OP, please do post pics when you get a chance. I'm curious to see how it compares to SGT Duffman's ejector in the pic above. And thanks for the info.

12. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    So was it the same as the one in the picture? :dunno:

13. RobG

RobG

Jun 14, 2011
    Missouri City, TX

It's a BIG difference...

14. HCL3

HCL3

Oct 16, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Pic from above of the new ejector:

[​IMG]

Profile view:

[​IMG]

Compared to a "336" ejector installed in a 1st Gen G17:

[​IMG]

15. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Glock's reputation is really taking a beating over this Gen 4 crap. Personally I like, and have had good luck, with my G4 19.

16. slappy white

slappy white

Dec 20, 2010
    Well Looks like I will be calling GLock along with all of us g4 owners who are having issues of brass to the face.

Never would of thought a glock would ever have to have all of this stuff done to it to make it run right.:steamed:

All you armorers be checking your email for the new ejector exchange program.:rofl:

I really like the feel of the g4 19 over the gen 3 but thinking of just finding an older g3 19 that just runs boringly reliable.

17. BassBait

BassBait

Jun 28, 2011
    Venezuela
    Glock people has to be kidding me... the problem is the extractor.. no wait.. is the RSA, so come and get the new one that will fit all your problems... uhhh wait.. we just find out that the problem is the ejector.... Dammit!! I hope they put their **** together and came with the final solution or a hole new gun allready!! Gen5

18. Looks like the new one is more robust. The "old" one was probably flexing too much during ejection, because the extractor is too hard to move/open, which causes erratic ejection. This, more robust ejector design transfers more energy via the shell casing to the extractor, so that the extractor opens fully, and the shell casing is now able to leave ejection port the right way.

19. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    The one in my Gen 4 is on the right the newer style is on the left.
    [​IMG]