close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New G29 Gen4!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Beanie-Bean, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Got the call yesterday, and showed up with my GSSF coupon in hand. Also picked up another 180 rounds of 5.56 green-tip while I was there, and ordered the Trijicon HD sights to install when they arrive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DASA

DASA

Aug 4, 2006
    Nice. Also good job of posting a pic of your new pistol instead of what is becoming common with threads like these, the "Hey, look at my new Glock" without any photos to go with it. How long did you have to wait after ordering it?

3. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Congrats! Beautiful pistol and exciting caliber to shoot.

I'm sure it was well worth the wait for a Gen4 at the great GSSF discount price.

4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr

Jan 22, 2013
    Beverly, OH
    I wanted a Gen 4 but couldn't find any, so when a shop had a blue label Gen 3 SF I jumped on it.

I think the only reason I'd take the Gen 4 now is for the 3 mags instead of 2.

Congrats!!!

5. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Thanks, DASA--I ordered it on 8/15/2012, so I'd say about 6 mos. wait time.

Yessir! I wish that I could still get the Armorer's discount, too, but that ship has sailed. I'll be testing my G30SF upper on it when I hit the range next, just to convince myself that I don't need to drop any coin on another G30. Mine is just fine, and I couldn't be happier. If I didn't have the G30SF already, I'd have already placed an order for one of the Gen4 models.

Thanks, bac!

Thanks, CS. Plus, you get to make adjustments to the magazine catch and backstraps with Gen4. Either way, I'm just glad that I have a nice 10mm to carry. The G20SF is just a tad big to do that here in TX, where I'm usually in shorts/t-shirt most of the time.

6. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

Feb 13, 2008
    Beanie-Bean:

Just curious - What is the 'born-on' date of your 29?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  7. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    TDTxxx
    2/06/13

Not even a week old! I have some bread older than this one :supergrin:

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Ejector: 8196-2
    Connector: "."
    Trigger w/trigger bar: serrated, 4256-1 on the cruciform
    RSA: 0-9-1
    Extractor: Flat (non-dipped) ("11" or two bar marks on it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Hmmm...that's interesting. The last two owners of a new G30S and Gen4 G30 who posted at Glock Talk reported a trigger bar number of 4256-2 in the pistols with a grooved trigger they received from the factory. I can't follow what Glock, Inc. is doing with the trigger bar in recent 10mm and 45ACP pistols. :dunno:

10. HEXE9

HEXE9 Shootin' Fool

Feb 12, 2002
    At the bottom of a hill.
    To add confusion...3 weeks ago I bought two 21 GEN4's that are only 7 digits apart in the serial #, and one has a 4256-1 and the other a 4256-2. :bluesbrothers:

BB - Congrats on a beautiful new shooter! :thumbsup:

11. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
  12. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    GRT45,

I'll let you know how the G30 upper works on this Gen4 lower when I go to the range. Pretty sure that everything will work just fine.

Thank you, sir!

Thanks, H9! Congrats to you on the G21 twins! I bought mine back when they first came out, and it has remained my favorite Gen4 from my collection. We'll see if this one can bump it from the top spot. So far, nothing else has...but the G34 Gen4 is a very close second!

Thanks, blastfact! Jeff Q. is one of my favorite guys to follow, especially with his product reviews. He answered a few questions I had about a CT laser, and I've been hooked ever since. He and hickok45 are probably amongst my favorite guys out there, and really because they're very honest about what they have to say.

13. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I handled a pair of Gen 4 10mm's this week. I just requested my 2013 GSSF coupon (got shafted out of the Armorer coupons), hopefully it shows up soon and the G20 Gen 4 I want is still available.