close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New G27

Discussion in 'The .40 S&W Club' started by mteagle1, Mar 6, 2010.

1. mteagle1

mteagle1

Oct 17, 2008
    Great Falls, MT
    I need to start by saying several years ago I was completely against Glock and could not understand why anyone would want a plastic gun. Fast forward to today when I own several and the newest pup in the litter is a G27. I have a G26 that I carried for awhile but here in Montana we wear down vests from Sept to June and I was concerned about stopping power. The G30 was a 2nd attempt but it seemed so boxy and I wasn't carrying it very often. So I used my expiring GSSF certificate for a night sight G27, bought a cheap Galco IWB holster and a pair of Blackhawk mag pouches.

Took it to the range and ran 200 rounds of Federal 155gr HP though it and at 10 yards kept them in the A-B-C rings of a D1 (tombstone) target from a low ready. Next range trip will be with a timer to test draws as I have a Blackhawk shoulder holster and a Blackhawk paddle holster as well as the Galco to try. I don't wear it very often but I have an IDPA vest to try as a concealment garment.

Just took the armorers class now the question is what do I get to go with a 17, 26, 21, 21C, 30, 24, 24C and the 27. I'm thinking about a 22RTF2 because I am not a fan of the Gen 4.

2. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Dec 21, 2009
    SC
    Congrats. I love my G27 but it's not for everyone. A bit snappy and can be punishing on the hand after lots of rounds.

3. Jackalo626

Jackalo626

Jan 29, 2010
    My thoughts also. I carry mine still but not a fun range gun.

4. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002
    Congrats on your ney gun. I really like my G27 as well, and it is very accurate for me. Heck all my Glocks are. ;)

Have fun
    Stay safe

CanyonMan

5. SagKC

SagKC

Aug 3, 2009
    Missouri
    Congrats on your new G27! Mine was my first, and was my dedicated EDC until getting a little rest this winter since I rotated carrying my G30.

Accurate, small, easy to conceal, G27...what's not to like?!? :supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  6. Hammer49

Hammer49

Feb 14, 2010
    Congrats!!! Got my first Glock (23) a few weeks ago and I've already ordered #2 (27). I love'em!!!!!!

7. I carry a G27 as my off duty piece and when we qualify we are required to us departmental mags with flat bottoms (I use Pearce grip with no extentions on mine) I find it's harder to hold on to w/o the Pearce grip, but not to the point I would get rid of the gun.