New G19 owner

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BlkBullitt, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Glock 19 gen4 own it, carry it, my favorite Glock !

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! I have two G19's (Gen 2 and a Gen 3) and I like 124+P Gold Dots in my G19's.

3. Toby196

Toby196 Fetching a rug.

Congrats on the new G19. I love mine- a great, soft shooting, easy to conceal gun. I definitely recommend swapping in a smooth G17 trigger, but personally don't like the idea of going with a minus connector on a carry gun (that's just me though). I've found a quick/light 25 cent trigger job is just enough to get the trigger to where I like it, without lightening it.

As far as defensive ammo, I'm currently carrying 147gr Federal HST, but I also have some 147gr Speer Gold Dot that functions great in my G19 too. I recently picked up some +P 147gr Federal HST rounds, but I don't like the fact that they actually penetrate a bit less than the regular 147gr rounds I already carry (didn't realize such until after I had placed my order). Anyway, as you can tell, I prefer the heavy-for-caliber bullets.

ETA: Forgot to add, my G19 is actually a Franken-Glock. It's a Austrian proof Gen2 G19 slide assembly mounted on my Gen3 G23 frame (with smooth trigger and 9mm trigger housing installed). It's been flawless so far.

#23 Toby196, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. I just picked up my first Glock... first gun actually, on Tuesday. A Glock 19 Gen 4 blue label. I can't wait to shoot it.

5. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Very good, I carried a Glock-19 (2nd Gen) for years because I didnt like the Glock-23 (3rd Gen) finger grooves, got a well used/worn 2nd Gen G-23 one day and assigned the G-19 to the wife. Couldnt be happier.

6. Right now I'm wishing I had a 23 as well since my LGS has cases upon cases of .40, but no 9mm.

7. Congrats on the new G19!

8. You'll love it. If my LGS had a Gen4 I would have picked it up as I like the RTF, but in this current market I was happy to find a new Gen3 at a good price.

9. I also don't like the finger grooves on my 23.

I was lucky enough to find my gen2 19 in a pawn shop
    in 90% condition. All original black parts and non captured
    RSA. Installed all the updated parts but it shot great
    with the originals. I'm looking for a gen2 G23 now.

10. Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P

11. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

Congrats on the new GLOCK 19. Fantastic platform.

For defense ammo I will only carry Federal HST or Winchester Ranger T. I also tend to go heavy grain vs lighter grain.

Here is a link to some data (it is not new data) that I think is a good read and you may find informative. This is not an end all but a good starting point for research.

http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm#9mm

Be safe,
    Doc