Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New G-38 OD

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Lotsa Glocks, Mar 22, 2010.

1. I have been posting about this arrival for a few days. I was finally able to bring him home today so thought I would post a couple pics before someone called me on it. I also included his little brother, the G-19 OD since I know a few people have been wanting to compare them. The 19 is on top or on the left.

As an extra bonus, I stopped by a gun store on the way home and found 3 G-37 10 round mags for $23 each. Life is good!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to the range until Friday at the earliest.

Thanks for looking! :supergrin:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Tang419

Tang419 Glock is GUUD

Mar 19, 2005
    Cana, Virginia
    Very nice. Now ditch the weenie gun :D

3. Tang,
    The "weenie" is my range practice gun. I can't afford to shoot .45GAP exclusively! However, if you want to ship me ammo to keep the G38 happy, I will be more than willing to put the G19 up for adoption after I use up my 9mm stockpile. :rofl:
  4. Tang419

Tang419 Glock is GUUD

Mar 19, 2005
    Cana, Virginia
    I meant for a smiley to come up with that. I wasnt trying to be an ass there.
  5. Scamp

Scamp Geaux Tigers!

May 10, 2009
    Nice looking pair! I noticed in your pics that the slides seem to be a different shade of black, is it just as noticable in person?
  6. CPG19

Dec 20, 2009
    very nice ! congrats !

i wonder how many ppl has G19 and G38 .. I know thats going to be my combo
  7. RBL525

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    i will once my 38 gets here....been on order for a few weeks.....
  8. Tang,
    I took it as such and attempted a humorous reply. Nevertheless, my offer still stands; send me 45GAP ammo and I will get rid of the G19! :whistling: :supergrin:
  9. Scamp, I will look at them in the daylight tomorrow after polishing both with a silicone cloth and let you know. I think there is a slight difference, but I attributed it to one being new and the other having some real life character. :cool:
  10. Obviously, it makes a lot of sense to me to practice with the G-19 and use the G-38 for PD/HD since they have the same frame. I am really anxious to get to the range to break in the G-38 and test my logic.
  11. ExiledViking

May 6, 2004
    2 G19s here and one G38. Awfully tempted to pick up a G37 also..
  12. Actually, the finish on the G-38 is a little rougher than on the G-19, maybe like the difference between 180G and 220G sandpaper. This causes the light to reflect differently, but I think the color is the same.
  13. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    I've got a G19 and a G37...:supergrin:
  14. Zertek

Nov 21, 2005
    Darn nice set of good lookin guns